Accounts small business question regarding paid tax invoices

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Hi all, I have just started to use Reckon Accounts Small Business.  My hubby is a builder so comes home every day with several, already paid (either with cash or credit card) tax invoices (i.e Bunnings).  I shouldn't have to put these into Enter Bills and then Pay Bills should I?  Seems like a waste of time and they are already paid.  Should these be entered in Write Cheques (even though we don't use cheques)???  Thanks in advance.
Photo of Belinda Griffin Simes

Belinda Griffin Simes

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 52,814 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Belinda you don't need to enter bills. Just write a cheque for the expense out of the bank account or charge it to the credit card as appropriate. Entering bills is just doubling your workload. Any queries call me Kevin t : 0407744914
Photo of Sue Atkinson

Sue Atkinson, Accredited Partner

• 586 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
So yes writing Cheques is the way to go here.  Tell me why you did not opt for Reckon One instead of Reckon Accounts Small Business?  I would be interested in this as I am currently planning an event to target Builders and tradies for Reckon One.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Hi Sue the only reason I could imagine is if your internet is pretty sucky. There's lots of parts of the country where the internet is more like the internot. I agree Reckon One is very fancy. I can't wait to see the new feature set. It looks great.
Hi Sue, i dont want to work online and from what i can gather ReckonOne is all online? 
Yesterday my computer crashed and took me back to a restore point of about a month ago.  I have lost all my Reckon files etc so need to re-install it.  Still not sure Reckon Accounts Small Business was the correct one for me to pick.  What do you suggest @Kevin???  I used to have E-record (from the ATO) and it was incredibly easy.  I need invoices printed and accounts payable and receivable, and i also do my own BAS.  No employees, no cash register.  Any assistance would be great before i download it all again :)
Photo of Kevin Russell

Do you have the disks? If not send me an email and I'll sort this for you Kevin V Russell t : 0407744914
My husband got the 90day free trial from Office Works, no disc just some installation key codes.  I will purchase the product after i have used it for a bit and make sure i get the correct version for me.
My email is: wbsimes@bigpond.com
Thanks, Belinda
(Edited)
Hi Kevin, any idea yet what Reckon account would suit my needs?
Regards, Belinda
Photo of Kevin Russell

Hi Belinda call me 0407744914