Accounts 2013 and Windows 8 installation problem.

Options
Dale Hogarth
Dale Hogarth Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am attempting to install Accounts 2013 onto a laptop running Windows 8. After entering the key code the installation attempts to install the microsoft runtime library. Shortly after a windows installer (msiexec) dialogue box appears. When I click OK the installation ceases.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Dale, 

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Sorry to hear of the problem you had.  

It sounds like the Microsoft Runtime Library, an important component for the installers to function, was not installed on your PC.

Now that they have been loaded your installation should work normally.  So start the installation process again and let me know how it goes.  

Regards,
    John.
  • Dale Hogarth
    edited March 2014
    Options
    John

It appears the runtime libraries have not installed as it has an issue with the installer when it is attempting to install them. I suspect that is what stops the installation. I need to be able to getpast this point. Do you have a suggesion as to how I may be able to get these components so that Accounts will not attempt to install them or at least what version of the distributible Accounts 2013 Business needs.

Thanks
    Dale
  • John G
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi John, 

Try running the installation in Run As Administrator mode.

Open the directory of the DVD, right-click on Setup.exe and select Run As Administrator.

I trust this will give you a better result.  

regards,
    John
  • Dale Hogarth
    edited March 2014
    Options
    John

Still no success.

Thanks Dale

• John G
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi John,

It sounds like your computer environment is not letting you install the Runtime Library off the disk.

You can bypass disk access by copying the entire disk to a folder on your C drive.  Then from that location right-click on the setup.exe file and Run As Administrator to install it.  

Let me know how it goes.

regards,
    John
  • Patrick Heffernan
    Patrick Heffernan Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Was there any resolution to this problem.  I am getting this too on Windows 7, tried all the suggestions here and still no go.
  • Kyle_7089685
    Kyle_7089685 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I too have the same issues. Very frustrating. Any resolution please??????

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Kyle,

Have you tried copying the contents of the CD into a folder on your Desktop, locating "setup.exe" and right clicking on it to - Run As Administrator?

Let me know what you've done so far, the Operating System of your PC and the version of your Reckon Accounts so that I can provide you with a more accurate set of instructions.

Kind regards
    Alex