Accruing Annual Leave over financial year

Melissa Elstone
Melissa Elstone Member Posts: 11
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Using Reckon Hosted. Problem I am having is that one employee's annual leave has not accrued between one financial year to the other. I have looked at everything and it seems the same as the other employees. Anyone know a solution????

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Melissa.  Can you provide us with the specific settings that you have input for this employee please as a means to try and work out if there is a ready fix?  John L G
  • Melissa Elstone
    edited November 2015
    Hi John, I am only new to Reckon (have been a MYOB girl for 16 years) so this is such a learning curve. Do you need the settings I have put in to the employee area or is it from somewhere else. Apologies
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Hi Melissa.  Not a problem.  From the Employee Record - Change Tabs> Payroll & Compensation Info> Leave Details> Holiday - then provide the details that you are showing for each of the fields in that record - there could be 8 or 9 or so, of them, depending on what you have completed.  From that info, it might be possible to see if there is something glaring that needs fixing,  John L G
  • Melissa Elstone
    edited November 2015
  • Melissa Elstone
    edited November 2015
    Yay my screen shot worked LOL
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Very good Melissa, even though I couldn't initially read it, then I happened to click on it and it then filled the whole screen!  On the face of it, everything seems to be set up correctly,  However there is one thing that I do notice.  There is something appearing in the "Maximum number of hours field".  Get rid of whatever that is, so that it is completely blank, and it could start working again.  I suspect that this is what is causing the accrual not to work.
    John L G
  • Melissa Elstone
    edited November 2015
    It is showing hourly and yes we put the hours in to calculate their wages.
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Melissa.  You have responded to the post that I quickly deleted after finding a way to read your screen shot.  Did you get my subsequent post about the "Maximum number of hours field"?
    John L G
  • Melissa Elstone
    edited November 2015
    No sorry there is nothing in that field. It was when I took the screen shot it put a "z" in there for who knows what reason. LOL I have no idea why it won't continue the hours over when it is entered exactly the same as the other 12 people who are paid here.
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Hi Melissa.  I have just about run out of ideas.  I am curious as to how there is an accrual of hours in the record.  Is that because you have entered it manually?  Are any of your other leave types working properly for this employee or aren't there any other leave types like say sick leave etc?There are two other things that I might try in an effort to fix the problem.  The first thing that I would try would be to take note of all of the information for leave, then delete everything, save the record, exit the employee and probably also close down Reckon, then re-start it.  Once you re-start, you could re-enter all of the deleted data.  You could then do a test (by running a dummy pay for the employee - Employees> Pay Employees > Unscheduled Payroll and enter the information that you would enter for a normal pay) to see if the leave is now calculating.  Just be sure to delete this dummy pay though.
    The second thing that I would do (and this could actually be the first thing) would be to go to File> Utilities and then run Verify Data.  You could again then do a test by running a dummy pay as above, for this employee and see if the problem has been fixed.  If not, the next thing to try would be to go to the same place, but instead of running "Verify Data" run Rebuild Data.  When that is done, try the dummy pay run again and see if the problem has been solved.  Hopefully one of these "fixes" will work, because there is no other simple explanation that I can think of at present.

See how you go.  John L G
  • Kelly_8164450
    Kelly_8164450 Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2016
    Melissa did you work out how to fix this, I am also having the same problem with an employee.