Adaptive Server Anywhere Database Engine has stopped working

Melanie_9175015
Melanie_9175015 Member Posts: 8
edited July 2017 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, 
I currently can't access my file and am receiving the below error message. I am using Accounts Hosted. Can someone assist? 
Thank you,

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi there Melanie,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, I've found an older KB article referring to this issue which contains differing scenarios and solutions which hopefully helps you -

Error: Adaptive server anywhere database engine has encountered a problem and needs to close

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Melanie_9175015
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Rav - I was just a little confused as I thought this article was referring to desktop versions of the file not online versions. What do you think?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Apologies Melanie! You're right it mostly refers to the desktop version.

Just to confirm, are you unable to open your (or any other) file at all? Or does it occur when attempting to perform a task/function?

I think it might be best to give us a buzz so that we can investigate this for you unfortunately. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Melanie_9175015
    edited July 2017
    I can't access the file at all. I've tried to call but the first time it was engaged, second time engaged, third time on hold for 30 minutes. I will try again.
  • Melanie_9175015
    edited July 2017
    It's engaged again Rav. Will keep trying...
  • Rav
    edited July 2017
    Sorry about that Melanie, the team are working through a few calls at the moment. Just to confirm, your dialing into 1300 799 150 for Hosted support?

• Melanie_9175015
    edited July 2017
    Hi Rav, yes that's the number I'm calling
  • Melanie_9175015
    edited July 2017
    Rav, I've been on hold now for 35 minutes. I've sent 2 emails, waited on the phone twice for 35 minutes. I've also submitted a request for data recovery as per the original link you provided this morning. I haven't been able to access the file for 5 hours now and have no solutions. What should I do? 
  • Melanie_9175015
    edited July 2017
    Hi Rav, it's 1 hour on hold now - this matter is becoming increasingly urgent. I am no closer to a resolution and can't troubleshoot this myself. Please - any ideas? 
  • Rav
    edited July 2017
    I'm really sorry for the long wait Melanie, the guys & girls are doing their best to get through the call volumes at this busy time of year as quickly and thoroughly as possible. Hang in there!
    The reason I've recommended this course of action is the need for it to be escalated for investigation by our support team. It doesn't look to be an issue across the user base at this point in time but nonetheless is important for us to investigate. 

• Melanie_9175015
    edited July 2017
    Hi,

Still no resolution to this issue and I have not been able to access my file since 9am yesterday. No correspondence received. Reference number for the case is 5330406.