Adaptive Server Anywhere Database Engine has stopped working

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Flavour we are using currently while with the intention to refresh this year to Reckon Accounts Hosted subject for management approval:
1. QuickBooks Premier 2012/13 Australia Edition - 5 Users License New Direct Box
2. Customer ID: (pls PM me if needed)
3. Since October 2012
4. Installed in an in-premise Dell hardware host with VM solely for this application
5. Installed in the server is TS Cals for the 2-5 users 

There are four books. Out of the four, only one has problem (the subject) when converting to Reckon Hosted. 

Events described in words:

We have a technical problem. Initially by the OS of the in-premise server. When using the QBB backup files on a stand alone client machine 1 out of the 4 books (*.QBB) does not show up, no errors but just "application not responding" only and keeps on going and it doesn't stop. But when I uploaded the same four  files to the trial Reckon Accounts Hosted, I happen to have the error defined. (Attaching screenshot if I can.)

We would want to lodge this error to the local support or to the [customerservice@reckon.com.au] but I ended up here online to your support page as we really need to sort this thing up while month end is approaching. I was advised that there might be a cost in fixing the file.

Please advise mates.

Thank you.

Photo of Jeffrey Arana

Jeffrey Arana

• 1,102 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • concerned

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of vinia

vinia, Employee

• 1,114 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for using the Reckon Community.

Normally, we would ask you to verify and rebuild this file for us to get a good log file for us to check.

But just to make it easier for me to determine the cause of this - since you are planning to go to hosted, best to just send me a copy of this file.

If you have already uploaded this file to hosted - it will be easier for me to download this.

Let's talk over the phone, send me your details on my email: vinia.laguda@reckon.com.au

Please send me your customer id - and best number to ring you.

Kind Regards,
Vinia Laguda
Reckon Technical Support 
(Edited)
Photo of Jeffrey Arana

Jeffrey Arana

Thanks Vinia. I responded. Cheers.
Photo of Jeffrey Arana

Jeffrey Arana

I'd like to thank you Vinia to go out of your way doing/trying the file. I happen to see a QBW file from a Vmware flat file backup of ours and mount it to the RAHosted. We're using it fine now. Super thanks as it is month end! :)
Photo of vinia

vinia, Employee

• 1,114 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for letting me know and i am glad that you have all your file working. 

cheers,
vinia