Add-ons to convert to IIF for upload to Reckon Hosted

Options
MM_7769277
MM_7769277 Member Posts: 115
edited September 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hello,

Our parent company in the States uses these add-ons, but they're on QB UK version.

Is there a similar third party app we can use here in Australia for conversion and upload of data in iif format?

We will be exporting from Retail Pro.

http://bigredconsulting.com/products/iif-transaction-creator-pro-for-quickbooks/

Thanks!

MM

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Reckon also imports excel files. - is it Reckon or Quickbooks retail Pro or POS you are using.

Reckon exports IIF if your data is coming from another Quickbooks product export in IIF then import in IIF.
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yes available I have already posted in another thread on Import tool Not yet available thru Reckon Add on Market . As we are adding more features into this tool . Like importing Open P O and Open SO in bulk

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Steve Cook
    Steve Cook Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

I have a large item list approx 9500 items and need to update prices frequently. 2 suppliers. One uses Excel files, the other is direct import into Access. Took a long time to get it working correctly, but works well now. The basic process....

Use Access to import the Excel file. Now both suppliers data is in MS Access

Use a query in Access to:

Create column headings as required for the IIF file
    Calculate markups, GST, retail price etc
    Run the query. Export the query as a text file
    Name the file xxxxx.IIF.TXT
    Import the file into Reckon Accounts
    File - Utilities - Import - IIF Files, browse to the IIF file

Requires high level knowledge of MS Access. As I said, took a long time to get it right. Now the whole process to update 9500 items takes approx 3 minutes

• Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020
    Options
    As a heads up MM the UK IIF format is pretty much the same for the AU version (and US) excluding irrelevant fields.
  • MM_7769277
    MM_7769277 Member Posts: 115
    edited August 2016
    Options
    That's amazing, thanks for letting me know.