Add stock to Security List but it doesn't show up

Rod Durston
Rod Durston Member Posts: 4
I tried to update share prices and noted that TLS was not correct. On investigating this I noticed that in fact it was not on my security list but it does appear in my portfolio. I deleted it plus all it's transaction (just the original purchase) and started again but when I added TLS as a new stock code it does not appear on the list of available securities.

I have added many securities before and all work well but not this one. 

Comments

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    TLS is the correct code. Check the other settings you have for this company; such as it is an Australian share and is included in the list of company codes to automatically update.
  • Rod Durston
    edited October 2014
    John, thanks for the reply but it doesn't solve the problem. I have added many stocks before so I know how to do it but with this one once I have added the stock code it does not show up in my list of securities. It's like Reckon goes through the motions to add it but it doesn't.
  • John Campbell
    edited February 2017

How many company codes do you have ?

Could you have reached a limit ?

Is it missing from the list of securities or the list of securities to update ?

John

• Rod Durston
    edited October 2014
    I have about 40 stocks so I'm sure that's well under the limit. The security does not show up in the list but sometimes when I have tried to add it again it says it already exists. I'm sure it's due to corruption somewhere but how to repair it is the issue.
  • John Campbell
    edited February 2017

There is a utility program (not from Reckon) that will look at the .qph file. This will tell you what company codes have been installed in .qph file. Have a look and only use it if you feel comfortable.

Details:

http://www.reltan.com/
    QPH File Processor

The QPH File Processor utility will extract security and investment price information
    held within a Quicken personal finance QPH file.
    Now capable of processing a QPH file of up to 75MB (previously 50MB). 
    Export to a tab-delimited or comma-separated text file or
    Export to a SQLite3 database table (June 2014) 
    Downloaded by hundreds (thousands?) of Quicken users since it was first published in 2007.

Free downloads

Other than that, I presume you have looked in the security listing.

John

• Rod Durston
    edited October 2014
    I have found the solution to the problem. For some reason Reckon added TLS as a hidden security. Once I changed this setting I could see the stock again and it would update as per normal.
  • Judy Birkenhead
    Judy Birkenhead Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2018

I am having the same problem - but mine is not a hidden  security.   Same as you - I have added many purchases before.   This security was previously hidden.  But I have removed the flag but still no joy.   Not sure what to do now.