Weekly
Every 2 weeks
Twice a Month
Every Four Weeks
Monthly
Quarterly
Twice a Year
Annually

Currently I am selecting the closest frequency and changing the date, but I would quite like to have 8 Weekly or Every Alternate Month as an option
Photo of Erdem Salih

Erdem Salih

• 538 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jason Hollis

Jason Hollis, Head of Product

• 10,144 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Erdem,

Our development team monitor this forum daily and add suggestions to the new feature list as they arise.

With that in mind... rather than adding another frequency option (as many businesses have their own requirements), it might be worth suggesting that a 'customisable' option be added where the end user can set the frequency parameters themselves.

For example:
Every ? (frequency number) ? (time)

Every 8 Weeks
Every 4 Months
Every 2 Days

This would ensure the options do not blow out to an unmanageable / non-user friendly size and cater for any business requirement.

What do you think?

Regards,

Jason Hollis
Partner Relationship Manager

Photo of Erdem Salih

Erdem Salih

• 538 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jason
A customisable' option is an excellent suggestion for development.
Do I assume that there is currently no solution to my need at the moment?
regards
Erdem
Photo of Kathy Mackinlay

Kathy Mackinlay

• 3,150 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jason,  I too would love to see a customisable option for periodic payments.  More and more accounts seem to be getting paid that way and it would make our job that much easier without having to go and change dates all the time.

cheers,
kathy
Photo of Jason Hollis

Jason Hollis, Head of Product

• 10,144 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Erdem,

8 week increments don't fit nicely into a yearly cycle as you'd know. ie. 6.5 x 8wk cycles in a year whereas all of the current options in Reckon Accounts do.

If the 8 week cycle is strict, and therefore the DAY of the transaction does not change (say every Monday every 8 weeks) then the only option is to set up a Don't Remind Me memorised transaction or GROUP of transactions and set an external reminder (say Outlook) to run that group.

If the cycle is not DAY strict (your example of every alternate month = 6 transactions a year) then you can set up 3 x 'Twice a Year' Standing Order memorised transactions or groups and commence them on alternate dates.

Other community members may have some alternate ideas, and as I said we will flag with development as well.

Kind regards,

Jason Hollis
Partner Relationship Manager
(Edited)