added payroll item for an employee for Public Holidays worked but I do the pay run it does not come

Arthur Bortz
Arthur Bortz Member Posts: 39
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Added a payroll item for an employee for Public Holidays worked but when I go to do the pay run it does not come up as an item for the hours to be entered

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited June 2020
    I would go through the settings for the pay item and compare with settings for another item. Could be a simple tick on something
  • Sue_10075371
    Sue_10075371 Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2020
    I'm wondering why you needed to add a payroll item.  All I did was pay my employees at 2.5 times their normal rate. 
  • Lynne_8946547
    Lynne_8946547 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I agree with Kris, check your settings for the item. The tax tracking should be Gross Payments
  • Lynne_8946547
    Lynne_8946547 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    That's fine if your workers worked that day, but if they did not (which is most people) then it should be entered as a public holiday paid at normal rate. This enables you to easily do any analysis should your employers require it.
  • glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Did you add the payroll item to the employee pay cheque when running the payroll?