Adding a drive to reckon accounts

Jon-Ross Moffett
Jon-Ross Moffett Member Posts: 3
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hey there, i am experiencing a problem with accessing a file from another pc(server). to give you some background i have a server setup with the network drive (Z). Reckon accounts will only allow me to open files on my (C) and (D) drives. I have tried adding the drive through the server/database program that comes with reckon. by clicking the add folder button, when doing so the (Z) drive is not visible and only folders in the (C) or (D) drive are shown. Is there any possible way to add the other drive so that i can access files from it ? 

one last thing that i would like to make clear is that the (z) drive is clearly visible on the pc i am trying to acess it from. Ie i can access files through file explorer.

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    The Z drive will never be seen because it's not an actual physical drive. I have a Z drive on my laptop and it's a network drive. I can see it from my PC and through File Explorer but you won't be able to see it in other ways like though Reckon, because they only see physical drives (I think)
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited April 2018
    Hello Jon-Ross,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

To assist you further could you please let us know what edition and year version of Reckon Accounts you are using and what is the operating system of your PC.

If your PC is Windows 10 then this article may be of assistance.  

regards,
    John.
  • Jon-Ross Moffett
    Jon-Ross Moffett Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2018
    Firstly i want to thank you guys for taking your time to help me with my problem. one step at a time i am managing to make progress. I have done what John G has suggested and has fixed the problem of the server manager not being able to see the drives. However after doing this, the program insisted that i can only monitor local drives. I have taken some screenshots of the errors i am getting with the program.

The overall problem is that i cant open the company file stored elsewhere. What makes it frustrating is that when in conjunction with Point of sales. i cannot import data because the files are not the same, futhermore i cannot change where Point of sales reads the file from as i need to post transactions(which of course i cannot do)

I have also tried turning file hosting on and off and it does not seem to help the situation either.Bellow i have attached an image of the drives on the pc i am experiencing problems with. I cannot open files from the V and Z drives.

Again i would like to thank you for your time. If there is no other way around this problem what would be the best process to reinstall the program and set it up.