adding new currencies in Personal Plus 2015

Carljh
Carljh Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
edited November 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have been using Personal Plus for 16 years and in the currency list, it is still showing such currencies as the French Franc, Italian Lira etc.. Is it possible to upgrade this list to current currencies including ones that Reckon don't have a symbol for?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Carl,

Thanks for asking the Reckon Community.

It is unlikely that there will be changes to the Currency List as these rates are provided by a business partner and out of Reckon's control.

You can re-assign a currency by right clicking it in the Currency List and selecting Edit and changing the details.  Here I re-assigned French Franc to Algerian Dinar:

To create a new currency, right click the Currency List and select New.  

However, currencies not in the in-built Currency List will not be updated in the One Step Update.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Stephen_7060871
    Stephen_7060871 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Hi, I have done just what you suggested above & checked that every currency I have listed has a current valid Currency Code, however when I try to run a Currency Update, Reckon Personal Plus 2015 crashes with Error Code 7288.
    Can you please advise how I fix that?
    Thanks,
    Stephen

• david klumpp
    david klumpp Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2019
    I have been looking at this problem- now 3 years on and Reckon allow such a critical thing as foreign currency to be unacceptable.  Like Stephen, i had need to add US$ to my accounts (foreign stocks trading account) and noted the currencies from last century. That this service is out of Reckon's control is not acceptable as a customer. No response to his follow up trouble here? I find this ridiculous that Reckon do not provide a proper functioning of currency in this software.  
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2017
    Hello David,

You should have no issues creating a US dollar Investment broking account or a US Dollar bank account with the US Dollar exchange rate updating on each run of the One Step Update.

The European currencies obsoleted by the Euro were removed from the currency list about 2 years ago and in releases since then do not appear in the list.

For any problems emanating from printing reports that have an error code 7xxx, please see our article here.

Hope this helps,

regards,
    John.