Adjusting Single Touch Payroll for previously lodged STP file

Tanya_9188937
Tanya_9188937 Member Posts: 18
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I need to update two individual weekly pay runs to top up an employee's pay to the $750 gross for JobKeeper requirements.  As I have already lodged the STP files for those periods, my question relates to the process to submit the amendments.  In Reckon do I select Full File Replacement or Update Event?  And in Reckon Gov Connect is it Full File Replacement or Update a previously completed submission? Thanks for your assistance.  

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    HI Tanya - I think you should hold off for now - and then resubmit the STP files once Reckon have announced the requirements for showing/recording the JobKeeper payments. - this will probably be in the next few days... the ATO are still deciding how they want the data reported and conveying that to all the software developers.
  • Tanya_9188937
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Linda.  Appreciate your response.

• Tanya_9188937
    edited April 2020
    Hi again Linda,  can you please advise which option it is to resubmit the STP files? Full file replacement or update event? And in Reckon Gov Connect Full file replacement or Update previously completed submission?  It is clear that I need to adjust pay for 1 of our team to bring it up to the $750 gross so I would like to know which is the correct process for altering STP files that have previously been uploaded.  Thanks In advance.  Regards Tanya
  • Linda ABC
    edited April 2020
    Hi Tanya - I believe some instructions are likely to be released this week.  Can you hold off until this is published?  There is no rush and I dont want to give you the wrong advice!  Thanks Linda
  • Linda ABC
    edited April 2020
    Reckon have this morning advised Partners that it will be an Update Event.  :)
  • Tanya_9188937
    edited April 2020
    Thank you again Linda.  Guess I'll just have to be patient.
  • Tanya_9188937
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Linda.  So Update Event in Reckon then Update previously completed submission in Reckon Gov Connect?

It's just that I found a previous comment of yours in relation to changing a previous pay run that stated nothing needs to be done once we upload next STP file the changes will be updated?

• Linda ABC
    edited April 2020
    Hi Tanya, that comment was not JobKeeper related, I think in the interests of getting your JK lodgements correct for April, I would lodge an updated STP file that contains the Start item..
  • Tanya_9188937
    edited April 2020
    Thank you Linda.  I am still confused on one issue.  All our employees are paid in excess of the $1500 gross per fortnight - do we still need to setup all these new payroll items or just process wages under normal payroll categories (we are still paying super & leave accruals on these normal earnings)? 

If in fact we do need to setup these new JobKeeper payroll categories then do we split the earnings between gross wages & JobKeeper for employees paid in excess of the $1500 per fortnight? (e.g. if an employee is paid $3000 gross per fortnight would that be recorded as $1500 JobKeeper & $1500 gross normal earnings/wages?)

Note: our turnover has decreased by > 30%?  Thanks in advance. Tanya