We're very happy to let you know of two new enhancements available in Reckon Accounts Hosted to help you work more efficiently.
We have reduced the number of clicks required for you to print your documents including purchase orders, reports, payslips, invoices and more. This means you can now print faster.
REMOVAL OF THE CLIPBOARD IN CHROME ON PC
You can now copy and paste directly in Chrome (on PC) without using the clipboard. You can also use Ctrl+C (for copy) and Ctrl+V (for paste) on your keyboard to copy and paste info.
The new enhancements will be rolled out to on Wednesday, 17 January 2018.
We are always working to make Accounts Hosted more efficient for you and we hope these enhancements will help improve your processes.
We're currently in the process of rolling out these enhancements as we speak and will be live shortly.
For more information on today's update, please click here - January 2018 Major Update to Reckon Accounts Hosted
Happy to see these changes finally happening :-)
I would be interested to know when an upgrade might be happening that makes it possible to export more than 256 columns into an Excel spreadsheet, there are reports I have never been able to export due to their size in 10 years of using Reckon Accounts, yet Excel has overcome this limitation back in 2007!
Will I also have to change my print settings back to A4 from letter each day for every template?
With the printing problems I've been experiencing this arvo and fighting with online support, I had a massive chuckle when I looked up at my Tab and saw Reckon Icon and next to that, it says ip.
Put it together and it says RIP Reckon Accounts Hosted bahahah might wanna change that in an update guys!!
Hi RAV. After extensive testing, I can report the following issues to you, regarding printing something like an invoice, when using Internet Explorer
1. Whilst one can change the Reckon Printer options so that the page size changes from Letter to A4, and save it, this only remains operative whilst the current session is open. Exit out of Hosted or get kicked out of Hosted and one has to go through the whole process once again.
2. On one's computer, whichever printer is set as the default, this becomes the only printer available to Hosted during the current session.
3. If one changes the computer's default printer whilst a Hosted session is open, one can send a test page to the changed printer when making the change, and it works. However, Hosted has hijacked the original printer which was operative at the time the session opened, and no amount of trying, will allow another default printer to be accessed by Hosted, during that same session.
4. CTRL P brings up a dialogue box which allows printing to any of the system's printer, but, all that this does is to do a screen shot rather a print of the invoice. This was the same before the upgrade, so there is no change here.
The tests were done on a Windows 10 machine with 16GB of RAM and using Internet Explorer as the browser of choice.
But wait, there is more and finally some GOOD NEWS. I decided to try Google Chrome to see what the story was there and, lo and behold, most of the same issues are no longer issues within Chrome. Pressing the print button acts the same as in IE, but, this time around there is finally a printer dialogue box which allows one to select whatever printer is available, including my own PDF program (in this case Microsoft Print to PDF). The only issue which still remains, from what I can see, is that changing the printer properties to select A4 instead of Letter, still only remains operative during the current session. However, as that is easy to fix, I might finally be able to go back to Chrome again. The only lingering other issue is the fact that some desktop version shortcuts still revert to Windows shortcuts when using Chrome, but I might be happy to live with that, if everything else works OK.
John L G
I think a fix is in order!
For those who are experiencing issues with the altered paper size settings, an alternative workaround while the team are working on things on our end is to use the below settings. This will only need to be done once and the setting will stay in place beyond just the current session.
- Customise the Template (either within Invoice or from List > Templates)
- Go to Additional Customisation > Print
- Tick 'Use specified Printer settings below for this Tax Invoice'
- Choose A4 from Paper Size
Thanks for the work around for the issue of not retaining the A4 setting in printer setup but when will this issue be resolved? I have soooo many templates and don't have time to be setting the print option on all of them. An approximate resolution date would be handy so we can work out whether we need to make time to amend template settings.