After upgrade to Reckon Accounts 2020 it constantly crashes

Faye Dunn
Faye Dunn Member Posts: 1
I recently upgraded to Reckon accounts personal 2020.   2019 was working fine. 
After my upgrade, the system would freeze if I tried to do the share price update.   The only way to stop it was to force stop the program. 

After a couple of times of doing this, the program now crashes on startup (after putting the password in for my data file) and will not proceed. 

It simply fills up my hard drive with logs, even after a couple of minutes it will create many GB of logs in C:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\Log\qw.log

The first few hundred lines are: 
DbC EnsureViolation 'pSchedTx->id.acctHandle != ((HACCOUNT) 0)' in SchedTransaction::ValidateBase (.\SchedTxn.cpp @ line # 2535.)
DbC EnsureViolation '0' in SchedTransaction::ValidateBase (.\SchedTxn.cpp @ line # 2547.)
DbC EnsureViolation 'pSchedTx->id.acctHandle != ((HACCOUNT) 0)' in SchedTransaction::ValidateBase (.\SchedTxn.cpp @ line # 2535.)
DbC EnsureViolation '0' in SchedTransaction::ValidateBase (.\SchedTxn.cpp @ line # 2547.)

Then after that it will keep logging until it fills the disk:
DbC EnsureViolation '(0)' in DATE_GetNextSchedDate (.\utildate.c @ line # 3742.)
DbC EnsureViolation '(0)' in DATE_GetNextSchedDate (.\utildate.c @ line # 3742.)

I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing the software. 
I have also tried a data file backup before the 2020 upgrade.   

In the couple of tries I had when it would still work, I removed all my scheduled transactions.   

I've tried calling and emailing support but they just tell me they are not trained in the software.  

At this point I am completely stuck. 

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Comments

• Graeme Matheson
    Graeme Matheson Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2020
    It's no help but the phone support was totally useless. Directed me here but I can see any help here either.