After upgrading to H&B 2019 reckon won't find the data file, I must navigate to the QDF file upon st

Options
Jason Coope
Jason Coope Member Posts: 4
After upgrading to Reckon Accounts H&B 2019 the software will not automatically find the data file upon startup. I have to navigate to the QDF file each startup. I cannot backup either, it goes through the process but no backup files exist upon completion. 

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,227 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Give me a call and i will see what i can do.
    Gerry 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Jason Coope
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi Gerry, just trying something else (thinking the file name might be too long with all the breadcrumbs) so moving a copy to the desktop to see if it finds that. If I dont have any joy I will call. When is it to late to call?
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,227 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Call me just about anytime and the file name length has always been an issue.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Jason Coope
    edited June 2019
    Options
    The file name is now not very long but it was located within a folder which was within a folder etc, which seemed to be the issue.
  • Jason Coope
    edited June 2019
    Options
    From Libraries - Documents - Finances - Reckon Working Files - Reckon QDF files

The folder 'Reckon working Files is now located directly in 'Documents' and the first issue seems to have been resolved.

The remaining issue I have is that I cant seem to create a backup. When I try I get a warning ' There is a file with the same name in the backup directory or disk'. 'Do you want to overwrite it'? To which I click OK. Any thoughts?