All the individual transaction entries for September to November last year have been deleted in Reck

Mo Mo
Mo Mo Member Posts: 2
Hi there, I opened up my Reckon Account Personal Plus 2018 *.qdf file on Monday 12th Feb 2019, to discover that all the individual transaction entries for September to November last year have been deleted. The last time I was using RPP was on Friday 8th Feb 2019 when I had a perfect data file with all transactions entered up to 30 Nov 2018. Please help my find these missing transactions so that I do not have to manually re-enter all the transactions from these missing months again. Kind regards, A

Comments

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Sounds to me like you may have accidentally opened a backup file Mo, can you tell me the name of your QDF file please?  Also can you go to File (top left of screen).  There are numbers 1., 2., 3. + 4. under file.  Have a look at those file names too to see if there are any differences.
    Good luck, Robyn Kelly
  • Mo Mo
    Mo Mo Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2019
    Hi Robyn,

After much trial and error since Monday of this week, I finally found the *.rkn file which was the RPP backup file that was generated automatically "in the background of my PC" when I saved my "perfectly completed" RPP *.qdf data file last Friday night.

I restored the *.rkn file I found in Windows Explorer to its original saved location for RPP and then opened Reckon Personal Plus and selected this same *.rkn file to be restored in RPP using the Reckon Restore Backup File option.

To my utter relief RPP restored the entire *.rkn backup file to its original *.qdf in the pristine state I had originally saved it in, on Friday night.

Thankyou very much for getting back to me.  I greatly appreciated you assistance.

Kind regards,

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2019
    Perfect, great resolution Mo.
    Regards, Robyn Kelly