Allocating Credits

Linda_7590330
Linda_7590330 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
edited December 2017 in Accounts Hosted
I have a Customer that has an outstanding balance on 2 invoices and there are also 2 credits on the same account.  However, when I try to allocate the credits to the balances, the allocation is not saved. 
I have followed the help guide and managed to allocate several other credits in this manner - it's just these 2 that seem to be 'stuck'.  
Any ideas anyone?
Linda

Comments

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Hi Linda

This issue is sometimes caused by having a negative line with GST coding on the tax invoice.  The negative lines need to be in a separate Adjustment Note  

Graham Boast 0409317366
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    http://reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Linda_7590330
    Linda_7590330 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thanks Graham
    I tried to create an adjustment note for the credit lines but Reckon will only allow a credit invoice. So I tried to create a credit invoice but the message from Reckon was that it would only allow a credit adjustment note.  Chasing my tail comes to mind?  

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Hi Linda

Refunds and Adjustments from the main screen, or Customers > Create Adjustment Notes/Refunds from the Menu Bar.  It can't just be an Invoice using only negative amounts.

Graham

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au