Am using the STP app. ATO has declined Pay Runs

• Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
Am using the STP app. Have registered my ID number with ATO who confirm they can "see" my ID associated with my ABN which is 42697228266. But my first pay run for 19/20 showed "Submitted to ATO" followed a few minutes later by "Declined by ATO". There is no other error message except to "Review and Adjust". I have repeated my first run five times over several days, shutting down and restarting between runs. They all show the same "Declined by ATO". The ATO people say they can see no sign of any pay runs from me. Why are my Pay Runs being declined by ATO?
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 83,826 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Richard,
I cant say that I've seen an error before which just says 'Declined by the ATO' and nothing else.
Is there an ATO receipt number listed against of these submissions that have returned an error?
Photo of Richard

Richard

Hello Rav, there is no Error receipt number. I have rung the ATO twice, got helpful responses, but whilst they can see my ID linked to my ABN, they can see no sign of me having attempted my first Pay Run.
Photo of Richard

Richard

Hi Rav, should I delete the app totally and start again? If so, should I ask the ATO to delete my current software ID first? Richard
Photo of Claire

Claire

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having a similar problem. I have successfully submitted multiple pay runs but the last one for last financial year has been declined by ATO.

This is one of the reasons, but I can't figure out how to fix that because all I can do it submit an adjustment in the app.

"The element 'AddressDetailsPostal' in namespace http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevnt' has invalid child element 'CountryC' in namespace 'http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato.payevnt'. List of possible elements expected: 'Line1T' in namespace 'http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevnt'. Hint: while processing parent element [AddressDetailsPostal] child mandatory element [LineT1] was expected but not found."

I have spoken to the ATO who were similarly helpful, but ultimately came to the conclusion that it was a Reckon glitch.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 83,120 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Claire,
This error message means that there are address details that are incomplete.

Can you please check the addresses for all your employees and ensure they are all completed, valid and don't contain any special characters. Also, be sure to check you have a valid address for you business in the 'Company' section of the app.
Photo of Claire

Claire

Hi Rav,

I have had successful pay runs before and after that one with the same details.

There is a forward slash in one of the addresses. I have updated it to remove that. What should I do next regarding that pay run?

Thanks,
Claire

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 83,120 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The error means that it wouldn't have been submitted to the ATO. Was this particular submission marked as the final pay event for the year?
Photo of Claire

Claire

Yep, since it hasn't been submitted to the ATO I'm just wondering what my next step should be. Do I need to create a new pay run for that week, or do I submit an adjustment? If the latter, what details should I include?

It was marked as the final pay event for the year, yes :)

Thanks!
Photo of Claire

Claire

Hi Rav,

Just following up today. Should I create an all new pay run for that week and try to submit that? Would love to finish up everything for last financial year.

Cheers,
Claire
Photo of Eric Murphy

Eric Murphy

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Error basically means it hasn't happened at all as far as the ATO is concerned because they haven't received anything. Send another new submission.
Photo of Claire

Claire

Hi Rav,

One last try to sort this out before moving to an alternative for my STP reporting. Could you please advise?

Cheers,
Claire