Am i able to use vista 7 for Quick Books 2007/08 user guide

WMBMart Trading SB
WMBMart Trading SB Member Posts: 2
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
always appear memory not enough when i would like to print out the customer balance details.
Am i able to use window 7 for quick books 2007/08 use guide if i buy a new computer 

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi WMBMart Trading SB,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

QuickBooks 2007/08 will have a number of issues running on Windows 7.  See our note at:
    https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/running_older_versions_of_quickbooks_on_newer_technology
    for tips on running older versions on newer technology.

In particular you may have problems with printing and emailing.  

As Windows 7 has an XP Mode that emulates the XP operating system within it, I suggest you use that facility for QuickBooks 2007/08.  

Ultimately you would be best to upgrade to our latest version which is compatible with current operating systems.  Customer Service on 1800-RECKON will be happy to help you out with an upgrade.  

Hope this helps,

regards,
    John
  • WMBMart Trading SB
    WMBMart Trading SB Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    Hi John,

QuickBooks 2007/08 must be use Window XP Professional or WIndow XP Home Edition

Thanks for your kindly reply 
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Thanks, WMBMart Trading SB.

QuickBooks 2007/08 was created in XP and a later service pack allowed operation on Vista.  

As new technologies are introduced older versions will have increasing difficulty running optimally.  There are some tricks you can do to make it work, but depending on the changes involved, its a question of how efficiently will they perform.

Current versions of Reckon products are fully compatible with  Windows 8.  The next releases will be fully compatible with Windows 8.1.  

regards,
    John