Amyuni PDF Printer - Reckon 2014 - Remote Desktop Server

AMC
AMC Member Posts: 1
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

This is driving me crazy, and phone support has been fairly frustrating to date.  so I thought I would try these forums instead.

Running 2008 R2 remote desktop server with Reckon Accounts 2014.  We upgraded from v2013 just prior to end of financial year.  Until the upgrade we were able to use the Reckon PDF printer associated with that product to send out payslips.

After the upgrade, the ONLY user that can email or print to PDF is the domain admin account... I have tried everything, except perhaps the thing that fixes it!  I have followed kb articles 3555 and 4546 (related article 4934) to no avail.   I have tried reinstalling the product using standard RD application installation methods.  It does not seem to matter what I do, the symptoms are unchanged.

To expand on those symptoms.  If the domain admin account logs into Reckon Accounts 2014 and emails a PDF, it works fine.   If a user does the same thing, Reckon "appears" to lock up, and the "Reckon Accounts V4 PDF Converter" printer gets an exclamation mark on it, and shows an "Error" on the print job.  If you delete the print job, Reckon will generate a print error inside the app and then start responding again.

I don't believe it is an admin rights issue because:

• If I give a user full admin rights to the remote desktop server, then manually reinstall printer as per kb4546/3555 as that (now admin) user, the user STILL CANNOT print to the new version of the printer, but the administrator can(!) print to that new printer

Maybe something that has been created in the admin profile by the installer that has not been created in the user profile (or quickbooks app is pointing back to something in the admin profile perhaps?)?

Given that both are admins on the server at this point, I am not sure what the difference is.

Is there anyone with some expertise in RDS and the latest reckon that wants to contribute some thoughts?

Comments

• Peter Lawrie
      Peter Lawrie Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
      edited September 2014
      Had similar problem and fixed it: Uninstall reckon At CONSOLE run cmd Enter change user /install Leave window open and install reckon After installation enter change user /execute Exit cmd window Try now