An internal error occurred while preparing you message. It has not been sent. (MAPI error code 80040

Scott Egginton
Scott Egginton Member Posts: 2
When I try to email a quote ect from Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2015 (Quick Books) I get message saying. An internal error occurred while preparing you message. It has not been sent. (MAPI error code 80040102 (258) at line 947 in sendemail.cpp) How do I fix this problem.

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Scott.  You haven't said anything about the operating system that you are using.  If you are now using Windows 10 there are reasons behind this.  If you are or even if you aren't, have you done a search on this Community Forum to see if others have had your problem which has ultimately been solved.  There have been many posts along this theme, so suggest you go looking for similar errors that others have encountered.  John L G
  • Scott Egginton
    Scott Egginton Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    Hi John,
    We are using Windows 7 Professional. 
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Scott. If you click on response and end up on the Community Forum you will references from the past about this issue. Have you read those threads?
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Good input John.   

The answers are all over this forum to the right side of this question.  Such as:

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/mapi-error-code-80040102-258-at-line-947-in-sendemail-cpp

How can we coax people to use this approach to solving problems quicker:
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/6-ways-to-gain-best-reckon-community-support-around-the-c...

Perhaps Scott can share his experience about how he needed to ask the question again, rather than just follow the solutions already posted.  The more input we all receive on this mate, the better and more efficient this forum will be,

Cheers

Gary
This discussion has been closed.