Annual Leave accrual during CO-VID19

Kerry Thorn
Kerry Thorn Member Posts: 8
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Good morning, I have finally established that annual leave must accrue as per normal regardless of the JobKeeper payment. How do I ensure that this is the case in payroll?

Comments

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020
    Kerry
    - if people are working accrue hours as per normal
    - if permanent staff have been stood down, then you might have to change the way you accrue leave from "per hour" to "per pay"
    - if people have been retrenched and then brought back on to the books for JobKeeper, my understanding is that Fairwork Australia have said these people do NOT accrue leave
  • SHARELLE ROGERS
    SHARELLE ROGERS Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2020
    Jobkeeper is an allowance so it doesn't accrue leave
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited April 2020
    Sharelle
    Strongly disagree here.  Fairwork Australia have issue statements on what to do with leave.   
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Hi all,
    Please see the leave requirements section of the JobKeeper help guide HERE.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kerry Thorn
    Kerry Thorn Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2020
    Thank you all, this is exactly what I needed to confirm :)
  • SHARELLE ROGERS
    SHARELLE ROGERS Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Bruce I was told wrong I will need to adjust my allowance setup
  • Annette_8328831
    Annette_8328831 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Kerry, if it helps, I created a new wages category called JOBKEEPER LEAVE ADJUSTMENT (no tax or super attached) and linked it in gross wages as an hourly payment with leave attached. (It didn't work when I initially set it up as an allowance.)
    I did a dummy run and it seems to work. We have stood down our employees to 33 hours from 38, so I use the top up of 5 hours JOBKEEPER LEAVE ADJUSMENT under the wages line, and it accrues leave without adding payment.

RAV can you let me know if this is correct please?