Annual Leave accrual during CO-VID19

Options
Kerry Thorn
Kerry Thorn Member Posts: 8
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Good morning, I have finally established that annual leave must accrue as per normal regardless of the JobKeeper payment. How do I ensure that this is the case in payroll?

Comments

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 441 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Kerry
    - if people are working accrue hours as per normal
    - if permanent staff have been stood down, then you might have to change the way you accrue leave from "per hour" to "per pay"
    - if people have been retrenched and then brought back on to the books for JobKeeper, my understanding is that Fairwork Australia have said these people do NOT accrue leave
  • SHARELLE ROGERS
    SHARELLE ROGERS Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Jobkeeper is an allowance so it doesn't accrue leave
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 441 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Sharelle
    Strongly disagree here.  Fairwork Australia have issue statements on what to do with leave.   
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi all,
    Please see the leave requirements section of the JobKeeper help guide HERE.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kerry Thorn
    Kerry Thorn Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thank you all, this is exactly what I needed to confirm :)
  • SHARELLE ROGERS
    SHARELLE ROGERS Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thanks Bruce I was told wrong I will need to adjust my allowance setup
  • Annette_8328831
    Annette_8328831 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Kerry, if it helps, I created a new wages category called JOBKEEPER LEAVE ADJUSTMENT (no tax or super attached) and linked it in gross wages as an hourly payment with leave attached. (It didn't work when I initially set it up as an allowance.)
    I did a dummy run and it seems to work. We have stood down our employees to 33 hours from 38, so I use the top up of 5 hours JOBKEEPER LEAVE ADJUSMENT under the wages line, and it accrues leave without adding payment.

RAV can you let me know if this is correct please?