Annual Leave SETUP

Options
Brooke Cruise
Brooke Cruise Member Posts: 2
edited October 2017 in Accounts Hosted

Can someone please reply. As there is not one single document with step to step instruction on setting up annual leave. I am new to the payroll side & am trying to set up annual leave for our employees, they work 38Hr weeks.

I have entered 2.92 in the 'hours accrued per pay' & 160.00 in the 'maximum amount of hours'. the 2.92 seems to convert to 2:55 for some reason also.

Also how do you work out how many hours an employee has accrued from their start date as this system has still not been set up properly the staff currently have 0.

EG: they started on the 12 August & should have been accruing 2.92 hours of annual leave per pay. how can I calculate this?

thank you much appreciated.

Comments

• Charles van Rotterdam
    Charles van Rotterdam Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Brook, I've always found it better to accrue by the hour; 0.07694. I have a spreadsheet that I use as a control that works out annual sick and TIL, if you want just email me on charley@vanrotterdam.com.au or call 0266834083
  • Linda_7590330
    Linda_7590330 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi Brooke,
    Firstly, 2.92 per weekly payroll run is correct for 20 days holiday per year.  You can either leave the maximum blank (so that any leave accruals will carry forward to the next year) or make the maximum hours 152 which is 20 days * 7.6 hours per day.
    To calculate the number of hours accumulated (as an opening balance), you take the number of weeks worked and multiply that by 2.92.  It will depend on when your working week starts and finishes to be absolutely accurate but an example would be:
    Week starts on a Monday and finishes on a Friday, working a 5 day week, up until last Friday (18/9/15), the employee would have worked 5.6 weeks - so the opening hours would be (2.92 * 5.6) = 16.35.
    Hope this helps
    Linda
  • Brooke Cruise
    Brooke Cruise Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thank you Linda I Appreciate your reply :)