Annual License re-new

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi, If i do not re-new my license does that mean my file becomes read only or do i lose all my data?
Photo of Tyler Sutton

Tyler Sutton

• 70 Points

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Gerry Winter

Gerry Winter, Accredited Partner

• 2,490 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
It will revert to read only.
Gerry
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 50,752 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Unless you copy it to your hard drive you will have no access. Of course you also need a copy of desktop enterprise
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 86,658 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Which Reckon product are you referring to Tyler?  You've tagged every single Reckon product in this post and some have different processes. Can you specify.
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 5,664 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Depends which Licence you mean, Tyler.  Check Help/Licence Information - Online Service Licence is usually valid for 2 years and enables stock price downloads.  The Reckon Accounts Licence is usually valid fir 10 years fro dte of purchase, so program will function fully till that date, then Read Only as Gerry said, though I've not experienced that.
Photo of BYRON BACKYARD

BYRON BACKYARD

• 72 Points
I had a perpetual license and reckon without notice canceled it, forcing me to buy annual subscription just to access my data, but in another reckon product , which did not load seven months of trade figures. I disputed their breach of contract on the original sale. I now have no data whatsoever. They closed it. They are crooks. Don't use this software as they cannot be trusted.
(Edited)
Photo of Janice Walker

Janice Walker

• 60 Points
I have also had my perpetual license cancelled without any notice. They are trying to get me to upgrade to something I don't want or need. I refuse to be pressured into it. Feel like it's extortion. Can anyone recommend another product. I just need simple bookkeeping & I do not need payroll.