Annual Renewal Licence

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
Every year I have to phone Reckon to request an invoice for our annual renewal.  We do not have credit cards so are unable to renew in the control panel.  I receive an email stating that it is coming due to which I reply requesting an invoice and each year get no response.  I then have to phone, which is time consuming.  Every other business we deal with sends us invoices, so why can't Reckon send an invoice with the reminder email or make an option in the control panel to print an invoice with the banking details for EFT or BPAY payments.  I am sure we are not the only business with this issue and we shouldn't be tying up phone lines for such a simple request.
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

• 2,870 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 50,004 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Why don't you have a debit card?
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Thank you Kevin, but our business is not a sole trader or partnership, every transaction is processed through our business account to which is set up for two to sign.  Credit/debit cards are not required for anything else as most of our purchases are done on EOM accounts.
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 23,536 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kerrie.  I agree that it is crazy that a company which produces Accounting software is not able to issue invoices up front like "very" other business does.  It is frustrating.  What I have done is to set up Reckon as a payee in my internet banking as the information remains constant each year.  Then, when renewal times comes, I pay the invoice and afterwards they do send through a paid Invoice.  Not the ideal way to do business but as their antiquated system has been doing this for years, there does not seem to be much hope in them changing anytime soon.  You could try and withhold payment until you receive a Tax Invoice, but the likelihood is that they will then cut off your access, leaving you in a no win situation.
John L G
Photo of Jeanne

Jeanne

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Maybe pay with another card and claim the expenses
Photo of Kerrie H

Kerrie H

Thank you John, yes that is a good idea, however what would happen if they changed their bank?  I have now had a response to my email request and they have emailed through the invoice and they are posting it as well, so going forward I have more confidence they are checking their emails   

And thank you for your response Jeanne, as it is not my business I do not wish to use my own cards.

My hope is that in the future Reckon will make a simple change to the control panel that will allow for us to print an invoice with their current EFT of BPAY details.
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 23,536 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Kerrie.  What I have done a couple of times in the past is to ring them to ascertain their bank details.  However, as they haven't changed, I haven't bothered to do so in more recent times.

As to Jeanne's suggestion, in the not for profit sector in which I am involved, some staff have corporate credit cards, but for others, it is common for them to use their own card and then claim back a reimbursement - this happens with more than one of the entities that I am involved with.  But that is entirely up to you.
John L G
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 50,004 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Kerrie maybe hosted isn't the solution for you. Seems the payment arrangements are a tad inflexible