Another invoice or adjustment note already has number

Options
Brad Dawson_7600527
Brad Dawson_7600527 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Using Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2014.
When creating invoices I get an error "Another invoice or adjustment note already has number xxx"

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Brad

It is trying to tell you just as it says, you have used this number before either for another invoice or an adjustment note, which uses the invoice numbers as well. If you are getting it every time check that you haven't gone back to a series on numbers used before i.e you should be up to 2100 instead you are re-using 1100's.  

You can keep two the same if you wish, I suggest you go to 'find' do a simple find of that invoice number and it will find the invoice number in question or all of them.
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Brad. 

You haven't stated the problem?   Are you concerned there is or is not another transaction in the system already using that number?  Sometimes, user's mis-type a future or past date by many years/months and that can make it hard to see/realise that the transaction ()with that number) is already in the system.    Try doing a FIND (search for) that invoice number to see if it is already in the system (with a wrong date) and remedy that transaction so long as you haven't closed off a BAS Activity ststatement with it in the wrong period and so forth.

Gary

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Brad - looks like you've had two people with the same idea - worth a good look!   Onya Kim!   Gary