Anyway to show transaction or create (income/expense) against a project?

Benjamin Lam_9337048
Benjamin Lam_9337048 Member Posts: 4
edited October 2017 in Reckon One
Hi,

Is there any report about project management?

How do we check project details

Can I generate a list/report which shows transactions (income/expense) about project?

I can see XERO offers it, just see if you would make one.

Please let me know thanks

THanks,
Ben

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited October 2017
    Welcome to the Reckon Community Ben.

Reckon One has an added Projects Module that allows you to assign Customers and Suppliers to a Project, then when you attach items in an invoice and bill to the Project, see the Income and Expense items assigned to it in a P&L Report.

Project details are kept in the Project setup created at the start.

Hope this helps,

regards,
    John.
  • Benjamin Lam_9337048
    edited October 2017
    Hi John,
    It is not exactly answering my question. I am not after income and expense figure which obviously showed up in P/L or Project page.

In my question, I was asking for showing up "transaction". To elaborate, please read the following sample:

The current report shown only the following

Income: 2250
    Expense: - 15200
    P/L - $15950

The report I expected is

Project: Renovation

Income:
    Initial payment $1000
    Secon Payment $1000
    Unpaid Payment $250

Expense:
    Gyprock Peter: $1500
    Gyprock 16/7 : $500
    Painting $15000
    Plumbing and Joinery Jerry $1200

P/L: - $15950

Now, please be advise how important this report is for me.

There are two gyp rock entries. which $500 is supposed to be another project, and it was mistakenly assigned to this project.

Secondly, the painting is supposed to be $1500, it is mistakenly input as $15000

The report I expected can help to
    1. find out error easily
    2. we can know the proportion of task in a project.
    3. We do not need to create 100 sub account for 100 trades.
    4. It also work if an individual can do multiple trades, For example, from description Plumbing and Joinery Jerry . I know plumbing and joinery was done by Jerry.
    5. We know who did the job for example, description: Gyprock Peter. Now I know gyprock part is done by Peter

For example peter can do  

The report is now only shows subtotal of project expense with general ledger. It does not itemize "Transaction" Which is not a sum, it is an itemized figure shown on P/L report with its description.

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited October 2017
    Hi Benjamin,

You'd be best to test out the Projects Module in the Demo book and see how far its functionality meets your specific needs.

regards,
    John
  • Benjamin Lam_9337048
    edited October 2017
    From my last comment, I have written 

1. "The current report shown only the following";

2. The report is now only shows subtotal of project expense with general ledger. It does not itemize "Transaction" Which is not a sum, it is an itemized figure shown on P/L report with its description.

3.  I am not after income and expense figure which obviously showed up in P/L or Project page.

The report above refers to the project module in demo book. I am not sure why it is difficult for you to know I am a current user of your system. And after the use, I found such deficiency.

And after chatting with you, I found your advice even more usefulness as you are not reading my question. I spent 15 mins to explain what happened. And you spent 30 second to ****. 
This discussion has been closed.