ANZ Share Trading Transactions download

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Solved

When I try to download a share transaction into my Reckon Personal Plus 2016 I get the message from Reckon Accounts that Reckon Accounts was not able to complete the request [OL-221-A]

Any suggestions how to make this function work would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Ian

Photo of Ian M

Ian M

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Justin Tan

Justin Tan

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I guess they can't really be bothered about the few of us who have this issue, compared to their entire user base. It is unbelievable that they cannot sort out this simple issue, and it has dragged on for more than a year. It really is false advertising and perhaps the few of us affected should complain together and get more than just our subscription, but get some punitive damages for false advertising and lack of effort in solving customers' problems. Maybe highlight their incompetence in social media. I think the only way to get them to solve this simple issue is to hit them where it hurts their pockets.
Photo of Paul Oakley

Paul Oakley

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Justin, I've put my frustration aside for the time being and trying to work with Reckon to resolve the issue.  I've now emailed them my *.QDF file for testing,  from what I understand (not being a programmer) it does appear to be a simple issue due to a change in the syntax of the ANZ share investing *.qfx file.  Worth contacting Reckon on 1800 732 566, I've indicated my expectations would be a refund or waiver of the renewal fee for the inconvenience caused.. Fingers crossed they can confirm a workaround soon. 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 57,814 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to get back to you all on this as I have an update which I'd like to share.

Please see this new KB article on how to solve the 'Reckon Accounts was not able to complete the request [OL-221-A]' error message.

Error OL-221-A when importing share trading transactions

While we are still working with the third party provider for a more seamless solution testing of this fix conducted by an affected user has shown successful results.
If you do experience any further issues or errors after making the changes outlined in the article above please let us know by replying BELOW this post.

Finally, I just wanted to thank you all for your patience, I completely understand that this has been a long time coming with more than a fair bit of frustration along the way and for that we sincerely apologise.
Photo of Nick

Nick

• 266 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
If you are sincere you wouldn't ignore community posts.
(Edited)
Photo of Nick

Nick

Hi All, is this fixed? Just about to do my tax and wanting to know if I bother buying Reckon 2018 or not.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 57,572 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
See the solution process outlined in the KB article I linked in my post above.
Photo of Nick

Nick

Ok Rav, but a permanent solution? to have to go this process for 12 files, one for each monthly download, is excessive. Seems an easy programming fix - why aren't you escalating this to be fixed?
Photo of Nick

Nick

Rav - can we have a promo code for all of our trouble for a discount on the $160 upgrade?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 57,572 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Nick,

In regard to vouchers etc, unfortunately this isn't something I can offer Nick, what I'd recommend is giving our Customer Service team a call to discuss.

While I appreciate it might not be the ideal solution, that is the current fix at this point in time and will require actioning once per download. While we're still looking for a more seamless solution in conjunction with the 3rd party provider, there is no timeframe that I can advise on it at this stage.
Photo of Nick

Nick

Rav - can we have a promo code for all of our trouble for a discount on the $160 upgrade?

Any update on a resolution? (not a manually intensive work around). Seems a simple programming fix if it is a text replacement.
(Edited)
Photo of Nick

Nick

Not to mention the previous versions we paid for weren't fully functional. I'd appreciate a prompt response Rav before I drop any more coin on this. It would be a good gesture and the least Reckon could do (you should give us a free version this year tbh!).