Why does Accounts Business crash while reconciling my Credit Card account? Other problems follow.

Options
Tony Bryer
Tony Bryer Member Posts: 2
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Has anyone else experienced these:

1. Open recent company only shows the current one, despite the number of previous companies set >1 (I have got two)

2. Using QB sets the system default printer to QuickBooks PDF converter

3. Program hangs on reconcile credit card. Killing program then restarting all appears OK with entries marked as reconciled.

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi Tony,

These are known issues that users face and we do have solutions to each of these.

For the issue where only 1 company file shows as a previous company do the following:

1. Right-click the Reckon Accounts icon on your desktop > Properties > Compatibility
    2. In the Privilege Level section, tick the box Run this program as an administrator;
    3. Click OK.
    4. Open 2 company files, close the software and reopen, it should show 2 now.
    The next 2 issues you have share the same solution.  It's too complex to explain here so instead here is a link to the solution http://www.quicken.com.au/kb/issue_view.asp?ID=4897.  It will solve both problems of the default printer changing and the reconcile hanging if done correctly.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Tony Bryer
    Tony Bryer Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Thanks, recent companies now works and will check out the reconcile/printer fix next time I have to do this. TonyB