Applying credits

Ruby Romeo
Ruby Romeo Member Posts: 1
Hi,
I am currently 'paying bills' whilst using Quickbooks Premier 2018 and I have credits to apply but because we did not purchase anything from this supplier in the previous month I cannot find a way to apply the credit. How do I apply credits to a different supplier so that my bill is the correct amount?

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    Hi Ruby - the credit from one supplier only applies to that same supplier?  Not sure why you would want to apply it to a different supplier? If there is some connection between suppliers that does enable you to offset it - then you would need to alter the credit entry so that it relates to the supplier that you are wanting to offset against bills?  If you have no bills outstanding to apply the credit to - then it can just sit there until you do have a bill from that supplier which it can be applied to?
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Hi Ruby.  Further to what Linda has said, I too am not real sure what you are trying to do.  But this might also help you.  You say you have credits to apply.  Are these credits already entered into Reckon or have they been advised by the supplier but still need to be entered into Reckon?  You need to toggle between ?Bill ?and ?Credit ?in order to enter Credits into Reckon, which you can then apply to the next bill that you want to pay.
    John L G