Applying Discounts

Phil Kent
Phil Kent Member Posts: 5
edited July 2018 in Accounts Hosted
For years now discounts have been handled in a very basic way in
QB, I don’t know how many times I have asked Reckon, but I will ask again here; Could we please have a column discount so the items shows the end price, adding a line underneath is simply a lazy way for the program to handle this basic function.

There was many years ago a discount window in the receive payments window, but for years it has not been there, this makes it a pain when giving a customer an early settlement discount – you have to raise a credit or edit the invoice.  

Comments

• Amy_6806314
    Amy_6806314 Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2015
    I agree - this would be a brilliant option to have.
    As with Phil, I have to raise a credit whenever someone takes advantage of the early settlement discount.

Going one step further, it'd be great to be able to have a checkbox either on an item, or on an invoice, that will allow us to tell Reckon if an invoice or item is eligible for a discount.

In our case, we offer an early settlement trade discount, but only on certain items (ie, parts & products, not labour)

It's incredibly painful to have to spend time each month calculating how much each trade customer is eligible for, then raising a credit if they pay early.
  • Phil Kent
    edited January 2019
    Reckon have this great forum but do they ever act on what the masses are saying.... No!
  • Scott Mooney
    Scott Mooney Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2015
    It would be a great help if we could get this happening. We could show list/ retail price and then discounted price on the invoice. Customers could see exactly how they benefit from any discount they receive.
  • Shayne McNamara
    Shayne McNamara Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2018
    Obviouslsy they don't act on what the masses are saying.  That is why they are losing business hand over fist to Xero.  We migrated on of our businesses over from MYOB for consistency but to be honest MYOB had more functionality regarding quantity price discounts
  • Sonia Connon
    Sonia Connon Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2016
    As all above have asked.  A discount column on invoices is very much needed.  How hard can it be?  
  • Phil Kent
    edited June 2016
    It can't be too hard but the problem as I see it is that you have a bunch of arrogant people who have never actually run their own small business telling small business how great their ideas are when they have no real idea of what reality is. Reckon is just a very arrogant company and if I find someone better that doesnt cost an arm and a leg and has an integrated package I'm gone
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi folks,

I've had a chat with our Dev team in relation to this feature, it's not something that it's in the pipeline at the moment but has been added for future consideration.

Thanks
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Phil Kent
    edited June 2016
    The same reply we have been hearing from reckon for nearly 15 years it's in the Pipeline under consideration
  • Phil Kent
    edited June 2016
    Business is simple if you don't listen to your customers long enough you will find out you don't have any customers at all