The client PCs being used to access Practice IQ usually need additional files installed to ensure they will connect to the SQL Server, and correctly display information.
There are also some settings that need to be applied to Internet Explorer on the workstations that will be using PIQ.
Internet Explorer Settings
Open Internet Explorer, select Tools -> Internet Options from the main menu.
Click on the Security
Sites and click on the Sites
Add the web server address as a trusted site, i.e. http://<servername>.
Remember to remove the tick to enable http (rather than https) when adding the trusted site.
This will take you back to the Security Tab.
From here click on the Custom Level button
Ensure ALL Active X settings are set to
Exception: “Only allow approved domains to use ActiveX without prompt" setting should be marked as Disable.
Ensure the following settings are also set as shown.
Install Additional Drivers
The next step is to ensure that you have the correct connectivity components installed on the workstation.
They are located in PracticeIQ install disk in the Utilities folder or can be downloaded from below links. Username: apscs and Password: Adv@nceCl1ent
1. MSXML6.msi. NOTE: This component is only required for Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003, and earlier products. Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 do not need this component. If this component is required it must be installed first.
If you are installing on Windows Server 2003, Windows XP SP2, or earlier products, and you do not install MSXML6 first, you will get the following error.
Click this link to download MSXML6 http://packages.aps-advance.com/downloads/piq/files/msxml6.msi
2. OWC11.exe (Office Web Components 2003) - http://packages.aps-advance.com/downloads/piq/files/owc11.exe
3. The specific OLAP driver for the architecture of the workstation and the version of SQL Server they are running. There are 2 different architectures (32 & 64 bit) and 3 different versions (2005, 2008 & 2012). There are 6 components available. Please download and install the right component for your machine - see the list below:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services 9.0 OLE DB Provider is required for connection to SQL 2005 Analysis Services Database's - here are the links:
- For client machine with Windows 32Bit http://packages.aps-advance.com/downloads/piq/files/SQLServer2005_ASOLEDB9.msi
- For client machine with Windows 64Bit http://packages.aps-advance.com/downloads/piq/files/SQLServer2005_ASOLEDB9_x64.msi
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services 10.0 OLE DB Provider is required for connection to SQL 2008 Analysis Services Database's - here are the links:
- For client machine with Windows 32Bit http://packages.aps-advance.com/downloads/piq/files/SQLSERVER2008_ASOLEDB10.msi
- For client machine with Windows 64Bit http://packages.aps-advance.com/downloads/piq/files/SQLSERVER2008_ASOLEDB10_x64.msi
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services 11.0 OLE DB Provider is required for connection to SQL 2012 Analysis Services Database's - here are the links:
- For client machine with Windows 32Bit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=239663&clcid=0x409
- For client machine with Windows 64Bit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=239664&clcid=0x409
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Analysis Services 12.0 OLE DB Provider is required for connection to SQL 2014 Analysis Services Database's - here is the link to the feature pack download. Click on download and select the 64bit or 32bit depending on what is relevant for the PC you are installing it on.
Be the first to post a reply!