Are there any current issues with STP shared users. The person I shared with is now unauthorised

Options
Angela Edwards
Angela Edwards Member Posts: 25
edited February 2019 in Payroll Premier

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Angela,
    Has the shared user been able to access the STP entity from their account successfully before? Or is it the first time they're trying to do so?

In the first instance, can you ask the other user to clear their browser cache and cookies, then close the browser and retry after a couple of minutes.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Angela Edwards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Rav

This is not the first time he has lodged the STP.  But todat when he logged in with his own identity and MFA all his previous entries had errors.  Unfortunately when I tried to look at the errors they said that the software wasn't registered with the ATO.  I asked him to log out, then I logged on and it had the software as registered.

So I got him to log back in and after authentication, he tried to access Govconnect he got the big red screen stating he was unauthorised.

He logged back off, I logged in and under the elipses to add users, his email address is there but at the top of the screen where it says shared with me it says I haven't shared with anyone.

Also when he is logged in under his email address and authentication, when he presses the share with my button, it allows him to go to the next screen but it is all the pay runs I entered, but not the ones he has entered previously
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me Angela, ok lets tackle a few of these points.

Firstly, just to clarify, does your colleague have a primary STP entity setup under his own account as well OR is it just the shared entity that you've given him access to?

So I got him to log back in and after authentication, he tried to access Govconnect he got the big red screen stating he was unauthorised.
    Does this still occur for him after my suggestion to clear out the cache & cookies of the browser?

<snip> ... but at the top of the screen where it says shared with me it says I haven't shared with anyone.
    This sounds ok, the 'Shared with Me' tab will only populate when other users have shared access to an entity with you.
    It sounds like you're the admin/owner of the STP entity so in the case of your colleague, he should see the STP entity that YOU have shared with him under the 'Shared with Me' tab under his account.

Also when he is logged in under his email address and authentication, when he presses the share with my button, it allows him to go to the next screen but it is all the pay runs I entered, but not the ones he has entered previously
    I'm not quite following this one, are you able to give me more info, or possibly attach a screenshot to give me a better idea? Feel free to block out any sensitive info.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Angela Edwards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Rav

1. My colleague has no primary STP entity set-up, it is the shared entity I have given him access to.
    2. Ok I understand about the shared entity with him - so my colleague can see all entries into STP yet because he hasn't shared with me, I can't see his entries - Is that correct?
    3.  The big red screen has gone and it its place there is the error messages that were previously up.and here are the screenshots

and

I compared the software ID of my colleagues with mine (yes I am the administrator) and it is different to mine.  And as I am the AUSKEY holder, to correct these errors, do I add my colleague's software ID on the tax office website?

I think I have to but would really like your clarification.

Appreciate your help so much Rav

Ange

• Rav
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hmmmm ok, this is sounding a bit strange.
    2. Ok I understand about the shared entity with him - so my colleague can see all entries into STP yet because he hasn't shared with me, I can't see his entries - Is that correct?
    No this is not the case, when a single STP entity is shared its just the same entity only shared to other users so its accessible. You should still be able to see the same data ie. pay event submissions across the shared users. 

I compared the software ID of my colleagues with mine (yes I am the administrator) and it is different to mine.
    I'm pretty confident the answer lies here, it sounds like there is a different configuration and there are two STP entities at play here. You shouldn't need to do anything in regard to the Software ID for this. Are you able to see any differences in the setup/details of the two entities at all?

• Angela Edwards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I'd love to answer that but now I'm unauthorsed!

• Angela Edwards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    After both of us being unauthorised and then allowed into the system, the only difference in the company info is the software ID's.  I have taken screengrabs but I don't want to put them up here if that's ok
  • Leshelle
    Leshelle Member Posts: 103
    Options

Was this ever resolved please?

Im having a similar issue, in that the person I shared with cant get in to submit an STP file.

I forget the exact error msg, something to do with the company software ID.

I'll check next week when I am there again.

Leshelle

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Leshelle

Yes please if you can get the exact message that is coming up on-screen that would be good. Has this shared user ever been able to submit successfully on prior occasions?