Asking for email password after restart

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
hello
I have just upgraded to Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2019. When it gets shutdown or closed for any particular reason and we re open the program and go to email something it asks for the email password every time. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to fix this. I have tried doing a search.
Photo of Sal

Sal

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Michelle

Michelle

• 1,180 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Accounts plus 2018,  I have to enter email password once, but then it is good.

Photo of Sal

Sal

I have to enter the password everytime reckon is closed and reopened and I go to send an email 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,492 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sal,
Can check the email settings in Preferences > Send Forms is all still filled in and valid?
Photo of Sal

Sal

Yep it is
Photo of brian

brian

• 706 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have been told by Reckon that this is a feature required by the email service provider. Strangely, I have two companies on the one Reckon ID and one company requires the password to send an invoice and the other doesn't. It is either very clever of the service provider to differentiate or I am being fed a line.
My feeling is the latter but I just put up with it now. Cant be bothered.
Photo of Michelle

Michelle

• 1,180 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
With Gmail account the password has to be entered in first time after start up. Not sure of other email account providers.
Photo of brian

brian

• 706 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Nope. That's not right. If I open one company from scratch no password is required. If  I open the other it is.