ASX Download Process - how many previous days are collected

st_6872571
st_6872571 Member Posts: 79
I currently use Reckon Personal Accounts with the ASX downloads every night.   If I miss a day or two updating my ASX stock prices, how many previous days will the download process collect? 

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hey Steven, the server will download the previous 5 days worth of data.
  • st_6872571
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Mirko, I wasn't expecting an answer until Monday.

Could this be addressed for future upgrades?   I now realise that my data at various times will have gaps, when holidaying for 2, 3 & 4+ weeks that I didn't realise (gaps that is, not holidays).

• Richard_6859947
    Richard_6859947 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    I have also been frustrated by only being able to download the last five days of data.  Whilst I generally update every couple of days, there are times, such as when on holidays etc, that I end up with gaps in my data set.  I am then forced to manually update what I think is the more critical info, but this is too time consuming to do for all stocks that I hold.

If they can manage five days, what is the problem in making a longer period available?
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    You raise a valid point there Narkey One. In situations like the issue we are occurring now, the data was lost on the server for the said dates (this my easy was of explaining it, as I too am not super IT Savvy). In such instances a CSV import is the only way to get bulk data in in one go. This is something I have raised to our Developers to investigate, along with Steven's quite valid suggestion of extending the timeframe of downloads, now again; as a caveat, not being an IT professional, I am unsure on the limitations of such technology - but am more than happy to pass great idea's such as those to our Product Management and Development teams.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Richard, you raise a great point... when on a hard earned holiday break enjoying the vast Australian landscape or relaxing on a river cruise through Europe - who wants to be thinking about anything back home?? I'll raise this with our Developers & IT team to investigate - not knowing the limitations of such infrastructure, I cannot make any promises, but I a wholeheartedly agree that a longer retrospective timeframe would be of great benefit in such situations.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Steven, I'm sure you've received notifications of my replies to Richard and Narky One, but I thought I'd reply to you too. Rest assured I will raise this with Product Management and Development to investigate. Thanks for the great suggestion. ^Mirko
  • st_6872571
    edited May 2016
    Thanks Mirko. 
  • Richard_6859947
    Richard_6859947 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Mirko.  It is not that I am not interested in tracking prices etc whilst away on holidays, I am as the outcomes put food on the table, pay for any trips, etc.  It is just that I use other means to follow what is happening as I don't want to lug a relatively heavy computer with Reckon around with me everywhere I go.  The issues start when I return home and have to go into catch-up mode.  If there is an easier way other than manual entry (I have 40 stocks that I either have or track) I would appreciate it.  It would be great to have a web based version ...
  • Suzanne Harvey
    Suzanne Harvey Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2015

are you for real saying the data was lost on the server - if this is the case why don't your people just go and download it again from wherever they get it from in the first place, this would then fix the problem.

• Suzanne Harvey
    edited July 2015
    there is no excuse when not being able to do downloads when on holidays etc. that they fail to download daily prices and chart info when you are back on your computer.
  • Suzanne Harvey
    edited July 2015

I take my laptop on holidays sometimes, but as I am limited on my downloads on my dongle, I don't necessarily want to waste it doing daily updates, therefore this info should be readily available for 12 months.

• Suzanne Harvey
    edited July 2015
    got to love how all my comments have been ignored...typical Reckon.  still not fixed.