ASX Downloads for reckon accounts stopped dowloading again from 16 Feb

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: no share price downloads since 10th February

Reckon Accounts Personal plus 2015 stopped updating ASX prices again.  Last update was 16th Feb 2015.  I connect for update every night after 8:00pm.  This is the third experience of the same problem I have had since updating to 2015 version. Never had the problem with Quicken over a number of years.
Photo of Roy Jacobi

Roy Jacobi

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of st

st

• 2,250 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Same here, they didn't download for me yesterday (17 Feb) and tonight.
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 5,652 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It's stranger than that.  Reckon downloaded Australian prices for the 16th but not US.  On the 17th it downloaded US prices but not Australian!  Frankly, this is quite ridiculous and Reckon should be honest about what's going on and explain when it will finally be resolved.

Problem only seems to have started when they stopped their relationship with Intuit and went to some other arrangement.
Photo of Peter Harman

Peter Harman

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Same for me - I've stuck with them but as usual the customer service is appalling!! No comment from Reckon given no ASX price / volume data for 2 days (17th & 18th). US was on holiday on 16th but US data downloaded for 17th

NOT HAPPY, Reckon!!!!
Photo of Geoff Cruickshank

Geoff Cruickshank

• 60 Points
Me too. Found this site while googling for the problem.
I'm only ten years into supporting this incompetent bunch. should have pulled the pin when the 2013 "will stop working in 2 days unless you upgrade".
No more upgrades from me you tossers.
Photo of Judy Birkenhead

Judy Birkenhead

• 304 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Glad you have raised it - I was just generating a post on this but will just support you in your comments.   This happened last year and it took a week for them to resolve. 

Hope it is soon

Photo of Peter Lang

Peter Lang

• 1,262 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I have the same frustration. I also download at 8 pm each night.  I've not been able to download the ASX prices a number of times since Reckon advised, in July 2014, I had to update to the new version because they were changing the download system  This new system seems to be unreliable.

I wish Reckon would send an email to all who use the ASX download advising when this problem is going to be permanently fixed.

I phoned Reckon today to ask about this problem.  At one stage they told me there is no single issue they are just fixing things when they go wrong.  That strikes me as the IT department must have poor management or lack the necessary competence in the technicians.
Photo of jkp

jkp

• 266 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Same here. Their customer service and technical staff are hopeless. Sorry I continued my subscription. No longer after this one!!!!

Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

• 3,170 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Me too. Last year's problem all over again. And no word from Reckon.
Photo of Live4life

Live4life

• 440 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi,
I started a conversation in early August 2014 titled, 'share download in Accounts 2015' expressing frustration at the same problems we are all experiencing today!

Reckon could at least think it would be good PR to inform their customers that they recognise that we have a legit problem, and that they, as the supplier, are pulling all stops out to rectify it.

Unfortunately, Reckon keeps quiet!
Photo of Craig McKellar

Craig McKellar

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Here is an open request to software providers that Reckon is failing its customers and there is demand for personal finance software that comes with support.
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

I will support anyone who can find an alternate software with a share download and a caring ethical provider. I understand technical problems occur but we NEVER hear from Reckon.
Photo of VikingOz

VikingOz

Don't know why, but every now and then I press that stupid download button again but nothing happens. I should know by now that if I don't change my behavior, the outcome will be the same. How frustrating this is. Paid my money to get another headache, it seems.
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 702 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Why is it the users, the ones paying good $$ for a lousy service, who are the ones raising this issue - deathly silence from anyone at Reckon.  Come on guys - get on the front foot and tell us what is happening and what you are doing about it!

Boom Boom Hit the room!!!

Appears this issue has raised it's little head again.

Just upgraded to Reckon Persona Plus 2015 (less than a week ago) all good then from 17 Feb - No Update???

Any ideas?

Photo of Macca56

Macca56

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Still the case a.m. on 19/2.

Ditto, such a good product, no development for years though, then support fails massively ... and a lot of money paid annually.

Mirko (Reckon Rep) from your responses to other posts, you have been aware of this issue for a couple of days - no email to users !!! No post from you on the board ....

Can we have an update post please to keep informed of the status.
(Edited)
Photo of st

st

• 2,250 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Contacted Reckon this morning, apparently their IT department is working on the issue, and the expectation is that it should be resolved today.   

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.