ATO employee "Income Statements" not reflecting what has been reported.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Hi
YE20 we have used the Reckon mobile phone app.
4 employees.
App totals and ATO business portal total (weekly & year end) match.
However ATO employees "Income Statement" do not reflect what has been reported.
Gross & Tax totals are higher.
ATO said to contact Reckon.
How can I rectify this issue?
Karen
Photo of Karen Campara

Karen Campara

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Worried

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Robyn Kelly (Partner)

Robyn Kelly (Partner), Accredited Partner

• 7,394 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Karen I think it would be best to double check what your "actual" payroll totals should be.  What I am referring to is through your bank statements or if you are using an accounting software program to enter wages.

The App totals are not always necessarily correct if:

a) you have had pay runs declined or errors in the App
b) you entered year to date figures at the beginning of using the App or
c) you started using the App prior to 01/07/2019 and you didn't finalise the previous year correctly

Once you have confirmed the correct figures you will need to do a pay adjustment (either negative or positive) to refelect the correct totals
Photo of Karen Campara

Karen Campara

Hi Robyn
Thanks for your suggestions.
I now think it is an ATO glitch.
Payroll totals are reconciled in accounting package and with bank statements.
My actual payroll totals are exactly what has been reported to the ATO through the Reckon App.
The ATO business portal STP report backs this up.
The ATO Income Statements for the employees (gross & tax) are higher than what has been reported.
This it the first year I have submitted information through STP system. 
I began at the start of the financial year.
Wish me luck with speedy resolution through the ATO.
Karen

• 7,296 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I have a feeling you may have entered YTD figures when you started using the app and therefore have overstated figures.  The ATO Business Portal only shows SUBMISSIONS of pay runs (not YTD figures.  As does the STP App.
So again, the employees MyGov Income Statements are the amounts that have been reported YTD (including opening balances).
There has been an App update today along with information that backs up what I've been saying:
https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/stp-mobile-app-update-v1-12-9-eofy-finalisation-pay-summary-issues?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_topic&utm_content=topic_link
If they Income Statements are too high, you need to do a negative adjustment to get them inline with what has actually been paid.
Photo of Karen Campara

Karen Campara

Hi again Robyn
I hear what you are saying.
I did a printout of all the submissions the ATO has received via the app.
When I added these submissions the total was exactly what I have paid to employees.  (Gross & Tax)
I did not enter any YTD figures as I started using the app at the start of the financial year.
If I do a negative adjustment the submission list on the ATO Business Portal will be out of balance with what has actually occurred.
Not sure if this matters.
If I decide to do negative adjustments can I do them now that I have already indicated my last submission was the last pay for the year?
Karen

Are the employees Income Statements on MyGov showing as "Tax Ready"?

Did you have any declined payruns during the year that you relodged at the time?

The update link above can explain further what I am suggesting, that the employees income statement on MyGov MUST be correct and show exactly what they were paid during the year.
Photo of Karen Campara

Karen Campara

The employees Income Statements on MyGov are showing Tax Ready.
I had one payrun that the ATO was unable to process because it was a duplication.

Photo of Karen Campara

Karen Campara

I have read the link with information about the app update.
I have looked at the Pay Summary Section of the app and can now see that the wrong figures are in Reckon and are not an ATO glitch.
It is strange that the ATO Business Portal is showing correct reporting figures for the whole year.
If I update the app will all the data for 19-20 be saved?
Is it too late to adjust employee figures through the app now that Income Statements status is Tax Ready?  

Karen you have to make sure the correct amounts are sent to the ATO for the employees.  I am unsure from the above (it's not clear) which figures are the correct ones (that you have actually paid the employee / s).  Do an adjustment in the App if the employees MyGov income statement is incorrect.  Then do the 19/20 EOFY process again.
Make sure you advise your employees what the correct figures are so they can check in a few days that their amounts are showing correctly.
Photo of Karen Campara

Karen Campara

The employees ATO Income Statements are not reflecting the correct amounts.
They are all showing "Tax Ready"
Income, PAYG & Super are all reflecting higher totals for all employees.
Should I update the app before doing the negative adjustments required to fix?