- See extract below from a guidelines doc on the ATO website.
- Step 3: Make a business monthly declaration
Each month, you must reconfirm the eligibility of your business and your reported eligible employees.
You must also provide information as to your current and projected GST turnover. This is not a retest of your eligibility, but rather an indication of how your business is progressing under the JobKeeper Payment scheme.
You or your registered tax or BAS agent can make the business monthly declaration.
Each month you must:
- Ensure you have paid your eligible employees at least $1,500 per eligible employee per fortnight.
- Log in to the Business Portal to
- review the number of eligible employees for each JobKeeper fortnight
- update your eligible employees if any of your eligible employees change or leave your employment
- provide your current and projected GST turnover
- re-confirm your contact and bank details for payment.
MONTHLY REPORTING REQUIRED Notify ATO of Current GST Turnover for the Reporting Month Notify ATO of Projected GST Turnover for Following Month Within 7 Days of End of Cycle Reporting Month Information DOES NOT affect eligibility for JobKeeper Not used for Verifying Decline in Turnover Test (this is only done once) Payment from ATO 14 Days after Month End (i.e. 14 May for April) Nominated Bank Account Purpose of Reporting is to provide good information to the Government to assess the economic impact of the Coronavirus on a monthly basis across Australia