ATO says the software id on the govconnect is wrong

Options
Donna_10094549
Donna_10094549 Member Posts: 4
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have updated my software ID in the ATO so it is now the same as the Reckon GovConnect application, as per these instructions

Please note: For Reckon Accounts Hosted users, you will notice a Software ID listed inside Hosted itself, this is separate and not related to Single Touch Payroll services. Please do NOT use the Software ID listed inside Reckon Accounts Hosted itself for Single Touch Payroll, only use the Software ID in GovConnect STP.

How do I register my Software ID with the ATO Access Manager?
Open https://am.ato.gov.au and click Login

but I'm still getting error messages saying it's wrong.
  • Your nomination with the software provider does not contain the correct Software ID in Access Manager.To resolve, please log on to Access Manager (AUSkey required), select 'my nominated software provider' and update the nomination, or call the ATO.You will need provide the following details:Software provider name and/or their ABN and Software ID
Does it need a day to update - or is there something else I should be doing.  All phone lines are busy.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    Options
    The software ID is in the Company Adviser info in Gov Connect, you have to login to the tax portal, go to access manager and login again and look under hosted software services on the left hand column. Enter the Reckon ID number there, it will come up if you type Reckon and then enter the software ID from Gov Connect.. hope I didn’t miss anything I’m just a user but have done it many times, still this is only from memory Actually you can login to Access Manager directly as per the above link. Am.ato.gov.au
  • Donna_10094549
    Donna_10094549 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thank you for your prompt reply. I did do all of this, but changed the number a few hours ago (from the software id that was in my company info page, to that from the Reckon Gov Connect page and even rang the ATO to check that they had the same number as it still wasn't working.  I've deleted a huge list of step by step. because I just tried it again for the 6th time, and Success.  So my advise is, to wait awhile/day etc if you change the software id.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thats good to hear Donna - dont forget the old lodements wont change or update - only new lodgements after putting in the ID would work.