ATO sent the poll response but the service failed to deserialize it

AMANDA MC
AMANDA MC Member Posts: 8
Submitted STP shows error with ATO error message 'ATO sent the poll response but the service failed to deserialize it'.  I phoned ATO and they said it was a software issue and to contact provider.  I have not been able to get through to Reckon on phone numbers and have tried email but do not get a response.  Please advise where to contact to fix this error.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Welcome to the Reckon Community Amanda, and sorry to hear you've run into some trouble with your STP submission.

When did you submit this specific pay event that has come back with this error?

I have not been able to get through to Reckon on phone numbers and have tried email but do not get a response.
    Can you let me know which phone numbers & prompts you've attempted to call and also the email address you've sent us an email to along with the time & date and I'll chase this up.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• AMANDA MC
    edited February 2019
    The Payroll was submitted on 4/1/2019.  I tried the general support numbe1800 732 566 but it wouldn't let me speak to anyone it just kept referring to the support phone number.  I sent an email to customerservice@reckon.com.au on 6/2/2019 at 12.15pm Adelaide time.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for getting back to me Amanda,
    There was an issue with pay events submitted last month between 1 - 7 January (details here) where lodgements could not be transmitted to the ATO. Your pay event falls within this period. If you have submitted any successful pay events AFTER this then your YTD amounts have been updated.

It sounds like you're an Advantage member so there is a dedicated priority technical support available to you, you'll find it in the Members Area. Regardless though you should have been able to get through to us for help and our apologies that this didn't happen. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• AMANDA MC
    edited February 2019
    Do I have to resubmit that pay event? It has not been put back in draft status, it still shows as error so unable to submit as per information regarding problems on 1-7 January.
  • Rav
    edited February 2019
    If you have submitted any successful pay events AFTER this particular one then your YTD amounts have been updated so there is no need to. Single Touch Payroll submissions are reported on a YTD basis.

• AMANDA MC
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for your assistance Rav.
  • Cass Griffin
    Cass Griffin Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2019
    Hi Rav, I am having this same error message.Uploaded last night, and opened to find the error this morning.

• Damon Baume
    Damon Baume Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    I'm had the same error with a number of files I up-loaded last night. Out of the batch two were successful and the rest have this error.
  • Tarah
    Tarah Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2020
    Hi Rav, we also have the same error message today. Our file was uploaded approx 7.30pm Melb time last night. We await your feedback/advise. 
  • Wendy C
    Wendy C Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2020
    Yep, same here. Lodged yesterday 27th June
  • Tarah
    Tarah Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2019
    Hi everyone - I just got off the phone from Reckon and have been advised that the ATO server is down. It will apparently be up and running again within the next 2 hours. I was advised that I would need to export and reload my file again as a " full file replacement" and then re-send to ATO. Hope this helps.
  • Wendy C
    Wendy C Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2019
    Thank you! Let's hope the ATO can keep up with the EOFY demands..