Automatic Journal Reversal - problem

RodneyFox
RodneyFox Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We had a journal entry dated 30th June 2013 turn around and get reversed on 1st July 2013.  Clear as day!  But it looks like it has self generated the reversal the next day.  Is it possible that this was actually automatically reversed, or is it that the culprit isn't admitting to doing it?

Comments

• Andrew Hellier_6247585
    Andrew Hellier_6247585 Reckon Staff Posts: 169 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Rodney,

Thank you for posting on the Reckon Community.

May i please ask what version of Reckon Accounts you are using. (Desktop or Hosted)

Cheers,
    Andrew
  • RodneyFox
    edited December 2014
    Reckon Accounts 2014 R3 - on my laptop
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Rodney,

That sounds very strange that it would just automatically do that!

If you look at the audit trail report and follow these steps, it may help:

Reports drop down menu > Accountant > Audit Trail > Modify > Change the transaction date filter to 30/6/13 to 3/7/13 (if they are the applicable dates) > change the entered/modified date filter to all > Filters tab > Transaction Type = journal > then click ok.

This will then show you all the journals between those dates. It will then have a column for when it was entered/modified and last modified by.

That way it will help you to know when the journal was created and by whom.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• RodneyFox
    edited December 2014
    Thank you Sally.  I'll give that a go in a few days. Hope you and the other members have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.  I better go home now and spend some time with the family on Christmas eve. Rodney.