Automatic subscription payment

NarellePaterson
NarellePaterson Member Posts: 111 ✭✭
edited September 2020 in Accounts Hosted
why is Reckon moving to automatic subscription payments and requiring credit card details what was wrong with us paying when due?

Comments

• Sue Jones
    Sue Jones Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    So they will get money when people forget about renewing & will make it harder to get a refund
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I will also add. I'm not real happy about getting an email requesting credit card details.
    What if we don't go with the automatic renewal? Will we lose our subscription? bit of explaining please Reckon.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2019
    Not the case at all Sue.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2019
    Hi folks,
    So we've received A LOT of feedback around this, in particular asking for exactly the changes that have been outlined in the email you've received. There have been more than a fair number of cases where the person in charge of the Hosted subscription has simply forgot to make payment, the reminder email has become lost in the shuffle of the to-do list or a myriad of other reasons and as a result, the Hosted account expires. This results in a call to our Customer Service team to make payment and reactivate the subscription. If this happens on a weekend then this can be delayed further.

We're putting in place a new automatic renewal option to avoid the above situations so that you continue to have uninterrupted access to your services. As the email mentioned, we'll be in touch prior to the subscription expiring (and any payment going out) and then also afterwards to let you know its been successful.
    If you don't want to add your credit card details to your Hosted account for automatic renewals, then you don't have to. You'll need to continue your regular way of manual payment as it was previously.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mc
    Mc Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2019
    Hi Rav,
    can you plz help me to unlock my account?

Username:   mosimc
  • Melanie Putland
    Melanie Putland Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2020
    Hi Rav, this is great however this is not clear in Reckon's email today. I have already had flustered clients emailing me today concerned about this and why they have to now do it this way! They pay bills manually and don't like to use subscription methods. They are a long time Reckon client and receiving this email was a shock for them. Maybe Reckon could make it clear that this is a new option! Even saying it is the preferred or recommended option to prevent any possible loss of access to Hosted and to ensure their service is uninterrupted??? This would come across better to customers, i would explain that you have made this move to help them. The email just comes across a little abrupt. Your explanation is great and I think customers would appreciate and understand this.
     Thanks, Melanie
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Rav.  The principle behind your decision to use credit cards as a means of automatic renewal is admirable.  However, you are only catering for a specific segment of the market place - those companies/firms/individuals who actually do have a credit card which can be used.  There is also a very large segment of the market place using Hosted, who do not have a credit card facility such as the not-for-profits etc.  As things stand, there is no ability for them to share in your new payments system unless a staff member or somebody else in a management position, decides that they may have to use their own personal credit card and then obtain a reimbursement from the organisation or entity etc on whose behalf they have made the payment. As indicated above, there are those out there who don't want to be forced into such a situation.

I recognise that when Reckon transacts a renewal via a credit card, they will know immediately if such a payment is processed or rejected and would be able to take the appropriate action in the case of a rejection.  Are you not able to offer a direct debit solution, which I am sure many out there would find acceptable because they currently use such a facility for the payment of other types of expenses e.g. for utilities, phones, Superannuation etc?  I am one of those who do this on behalf of some the entities with whom I am directly associated.

My experience of being on the other end of the direct debit system is that you (Reckon) will know by the next business day if a direct debit has failed.  Therefore, by offering a direct debit system and processing say one or two business days before the renewal date (if you really have to be so precise) you will be aware before the renewal date if a transaction has been rejected, which in theory would be one day later than when you use a credit card as the payment method.  What is the likelihood?

As an alternative.  It seems that you have no problem in stopping somebody using Hosted if they haven't renewed by the due date.  Do you not have an ability, within Hosted, to issue a warning of an impending "shutdown" for say two of three days, or more, before the "cut-me-off" date as distinct from sending an email to what my by now be a non-existent email address?  I feel sure that would get somebody's attention pretty quick.
    John L G
  • Rav
    edited October 2019
    Appreciate the feedback John and I can see where you're coming from.
    We certainly want to enable this type of payment function for the direct debit method as well, at the moment though our billing/payment system for Hosted doesn't have the capability of incorporating this like it can for credit card, but its something we'll be looking at in future.

Do you not have an ability, within Hosted, to issue a warning of an impending "shutdown" for say two of three days, or more, before the "cut-me-off" date
    Unfortunately not yet, ?but with Hosted's eventual move to the Reckon Portal it will allow for more responsive functions and potentially this could be one. That is a pretty massive project though with a lot of moving parts, and its something we have to be extremely careful in how to plan & execute so its a longer term objective at this stage.

• NarellePaterson
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Rav for the more detailed explanation sort of felt like we were being forced...don't like being force,d but I will now make my informed decision,

• John Graetz
    edited October 2019
    Thank you for the comments Rav and for the potential changes which come down the track.
    John L G
  • NarellePaterson
    edited September 2020
    So if we choose to pay by another method where do we find the Bank Account Details is it the same as it always was?

• John Graetz
    edited September 2020
    Narelle.  If you want to confirm the account number, my solution has been to ring the support number and they readily give me the details.
    John L G