automatically build assemblies

• Idea
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Hi there, I am using QuickBooks pro 2012/2013 and would like to know if it is possible to automatically build assemblies instead of having to go through and manually do them. I have a lot of assemblies and it is  painstakingly slow the way that QuickBooks is set up to do it manually.

any ideas? If that is not possible then I think reckon should really introduce this feature, say be able to choose a particular date and then just press build assemblies.

Thanks for any help,
Dan
Photo of Dan Stenzel

Dan Stenzel

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,360 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Welcome Dan,

A good idea.

One of the reasons against an automated Build Assemblies task is that you confirm you have sufficient inputs for the build.  

I'll move this post to the Ideas section so that the developers can consider it in their development cycle.

regards,
John
Photo of Leonie

Leonie

• 368 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi John... can you tell me has anything been done on this since this email... we are using Reckon Accounts Enterprise and I think this would assist greatly with new things we are trying to do... look forward to your reply!

Leonie
Photo of ARTHUR DEOLIVEIRA

ARTHUR DEOLIVEIRA

• 70 Points
Has anything been done about this? I can't believe there is not better functionally to QB Enterprise than this, but it seems that after talking to so many people Intuit has no clear answer for this relevant issue. I find the lack of an auto assembly builder (along with the lack of product kitting capabilities) is the primary reason why companies have to move to Activate or Fishbowl. Yet the point is that it makes no more sense to have QB Enterprise if you choose to do so....
Photo of Dan Stenzel

Dan Stenzel

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm the original poster on this thread and to my knowledge nothing has been done, very frustrating. If the program I use to download orders from my website was compatible with another accountancy program I'd jump ship, I don't think they listen to their customers (18 years with QB)
Dan
Photo of ARTHUR DEOLIVEIRA

ARTHUR DEOLIVEIRA

• 70 Points
Exactly same issue, Dan. I am also tied up because of my order entering software that pushes orders from 6+ different channels. I have also submitted multiple feedback comments via their suggested link, but as you said, it appears to me that they do not listen to their customers... Unfortunately they consider themselves too big and established to find a need for change. QB has been around for so many years, yet the updates and changes are always minimal. I will reply a feasible solution....
Thanks for your time.