AWS Outage - Accounts Hosted Email (1 March 2017) - *RESOLVED*

• Article
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Good morning everyone

As some of you may already be aware, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is experiencing an outage at the moment which is impacting a number of websites and services. This outage is not specific to Reckon only.

Due to this, emailing via Reckon Accounts Hosted is currently impacted and unavailable.

We are monitoring the situation closely and are optimistic that AWS will resolve the issue with the utmost urgency.

I'll update the thread with more info as soon as possible. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration caused.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,926 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 53,026 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Well im in. I have payroll to do and its urgent
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE*

Hi everyone,

While AWS is currently working through their outage, a quick update in regard to the specifics of the issue on how it affects Reckon Accounts Hosted.

Currently, as emailing via Reckon Accounts Hosted are impacted by the outage when you attempt to send an email it will go through all usual steps and indicators ie. it appears as though the process is working and emails have been sent successfully.

Unfortunately however, these emails have not been sent. 

The emails themselves will not be queued or added to a backlog while AWS services are offline and will need to sent again once AWS have restored the outage. 

Unfortunately, there is no ETA at this point from AWS that I can advise however will do so as soon as that information becomes clear.
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 9:35am*

Hi again everyone,

I'm pleased to advise the AWS issue impacting outbound emails being sent via Reckon Accounts Hosted looks to be resolved.

As mentioned above, any emails sent throughout the outage period have not been sent successfully and will need to sent again.

Thank you all for your patience, and our sincere apologies again for any inconvenience caused.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 53,026 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I was never out
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hey Kev,

It wasn't access that was affected, only the sending of outbound emails via Hosted.

Any emails sent during the outage period haven't gone through, although from all appearances it looks as though they have. These emails will need to be sent again.
Photo of jvuniwawa

jvuniwawa

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,urgently need your assistance..
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi jvuniwawa,

I've responded to your other thread.

Cheers
Rav

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.