Backing up company file freezes at around 50%

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am trying to perform a backup of a Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2014 company file.

It gets to around 58% in the first few seconds then stops. It doesn't give an error message and when I try to cancel the backup the program doesn't respond and I have to shut it down from task manager.

I've had a brief look through the forum and haven't been able to find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    William have you tried verifying and then rebuilding your data first, and then try again
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2015
    Hi Charles,

I did see another post which suggested to 1. Verify data 2. Rebuild data 3. Verify data again, but this didn't work unfortunately. The backup still froze at 58%.
  • Charley
    edited January 2020

OK How big is your data file and when was the last time you backed up? Are you backing up to a USB stick or to a separate folder on your hard drive.

I always go to a separate folder on my hard drive first, then I have a freebie program (SyncBackFree) that synchronises/backsup all my data to an extra HDD, then a portable HDD and then my laptop. Can't afford to lose anything :-)

• [Deleted User]
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the quick response Charles.

The QBW file is only 50MB. I'm not sure when the last backup was as I've only just been put on the case to try and resolve the issue.

I've tried backing up to both local folder on my hard drive and a USB stick, both of which result in the same stalling at around 50%.
  • Charley
    edited January 2020

You're obviously not on Hosted where that does happen a bit but more due to internet connection than anything else; you're not trying to back up to a server are you not that I see that making much difference

but otherwise YUCK, you will probably have to call Technical Help.

I've got backups that are twice that size and don't have a problem

• [Deleted User]
    edited January 2015
    Thanks again for your help Charles.

I've managed to get past the first hurdle and create the backup file. The issue was that I was accessing the file via a cloud service called AppsPoint but saving the backup file locally. I changed the destination of the backup file to the "cloud" server and voila!

Now, however, when I try to transfer the backup file back onto my computer, the transfer doesn't complete properly. The backup file shows up locally despite this, but when I try to restore it I get a very simple error message (attached).

• Charley
    edited January 2020

William is your client on "hosted" if he is then you have to use the download button

• Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    William,

Is your "Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2014" program/application installed on your own local computer or are are you using this "AppsPoint" to run the Reckon Accounts application on a cloud platform? http://www.6ys.com.au/servicecatalogue.aspx

"The APPSOINT software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution gives you a single, integrated cloud for all your application needs."

-IM

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi William,

Numerous times I have seen backups/reports/etc come up with the percentage bar and it is completely inaccurate.

Have you tried just waiting to let it keep going to see if it will finish?

Not responding means "I'm thinking, please leave me alone" - so that is completely normal for you to click and it does that.

Try leaving it overnight or something.

You will be able to tell how long it takes by the date stamp on the backup name compare to the modified time on the file.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)