Why do I have more backups of my Personal Plus file than the limit number for backups?

Options
bill.blackman1
bill.blackman1 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
The preferences allow for the number of backups to be limited between 1 & 9. This does not work on my installation, which is set to 5. So far I have 11 backups. Changing the setting and saving  has not made any difference. Can you offer any suggestions, please. Bill

Comments

• Jamaiel_6490508
    Jamaiel_6490508 Reckon Staff Posts: 74 Reckon Staff
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi Bill,

Welcome to Reckon Community!

If you have multiple company files and are saving on the same backup folder, it may be the reason why you have more than your set limit of backups on this same folder.

The maximum number of backup copies allowed on the folder may mean that the limit is only applicable only on a filename basis where usually, the date is added at the end of the filename (if selected on the backup Preferences)?.

Hope it helps!

Kind Regards,

Jamaiel
  • bill.blackman1
    bill.blackman1 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks Jamaiel. If that is correct it would  explain what is happening, because I have elected to have the date included in the file name. It also means that I will have to remember to remove unwanted backups regularly or end up with hundreds of unwanted files.
    Regards,
    Bill
  • Jay Garland
    Jay Garland Member Posts: 130
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It would be great if the appended date didn't flag as a unique file!