Backup

Options
Jay Garland
Jay Garland Member Posts: 130
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
My settings are BACKUP to keep three backups in the backups folder. However, it doesn't appear to be deleting past back-ups. Is this because it's RECKON HOSTED? It would be great if this function worked.

I've not been able to find a way to delete the pile-up of backups in the backup folder. How do you purge the old ones?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Kevin.  If you don't periodically delete them out of the Hosted backup folder, you will eventually get contacted by Reckon, telling you that you have taken up up a few GB of storage with your backups.  This is is what happened to me, so I delete them out of that folder every month, but keep copies for longer than this on my hard drive.  John L G
  • Jay Garland
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I do back-up most everytime after using Reckon. I do download backups once a month to my PC. What I can't work out how to do is to DELETE the pile of backups that are appears on my B:\ drive. The settings say it will only keep THREE backups but it's actually keeping ALL of them. I can't work out how to purge some of my older backups files.
  • Jay Garland
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yes - it would be nice to have this done with the auto-cleanup function which doesn't appear to be working.
    ?
  • Jay Garland
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The CNTRL+D worked - though it's not at all intuitive. I wouldn't have worked that out by myself.... The backup function needs some attention, doesn't it?
  • Jay Garland
    edited November 2016
    Options
    That being said, when you select a backup it automatically tries to open it. It's not even logical that you should use the arrow keys to select the backup to be deleted and press CNTRL+D. It would be good if RECKON had the auto-back-up clean-up function working so I didn't need to do this!
This discussion has been closed.