Backup B:\ drive missing

Jay Garland
Jay Garland Member Posts: 130
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
For the past week, when I've gone to backup my Reckon Hosted account file, the B:\ drive is missing and I can't save my backups. I've contacted Reckon technical support and they are looking into this for me. Has anyone else had this problem and how do you resolve it? It's end of financial year so I really want to backup and download by data.

Comments

• Pam_10053117
    Pam_10053117 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2019

Our B:\ drive shows up....but only saves to 21% - is this a known issue? trying to upgrade to the new version of Reckon Accounts Hosted 2019
  • Jarrard Barr_9713072
    Jarrard Barr_9713072 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2019
    I am having the same issue as Pam,  Our backups are timing out - have tried 6 times and each time it gets to a different stage before finally timing out.  Got to 97% late last night before it timed out.  VERY frustrating and we can't upgrade to 2019 until the backup completes. 
  • Neil_6428218
    Neil_6428218 Reckon Staff Posts: 88 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2019
    Hi guys, We think this should be resolved now, can you try logging out (file > Exit) and log back in and you should see the B drive.
  • Jay Garland
    Jay Garland Member Posts: 130
    edited June 2019
    All working now. Thanks.
  • Jeff Langtip
    Jeff Langtip Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2019
    I see that the "B" drive issue seems to have been sorted BUT was the issue of failed backup's fixed?  Backing up has always been an issue for us too, long drawn out failed attempts are common... 98% + with the system timing out. *Has this been sorted or is there a workaround, please?  
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    What settings do you have in your backup - full, quick or no verification? the full will take longer... plus if verification is on - watch the progress bar, is it taking a long time during the verify phase or the backup phase...patience is the key - try a backup with no verification and walk away from the machine - dont click in the Hosted window at all until the backup is finished...  very large files can take a couple of hours to backup...
  • Pam_10053117
    edited July 2019
    Hi Linda, its my first year using Reckon - and I've been tasked to upgrade to the new version - however finding that its moving slowly...its only on 34% since 9.40am - is this normal? trying to upgrade before processing the pays for this week.
  • Jeff Langtip
    Jeff Langtip Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2019
    Hi Linda, on this occasion I have not attempted the backup YET but we have always opted for the fastest option. The pay run is tomorrow so it will happen soon after. Just that all backup's fail, usually timeout before it finishes
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Hi Pam & Jeff - there is a way to upgrade without doing a backup but you need to copy the file first and this takes some IT skills to make sure you dont mess anything up... ideally if you can wait for the backup to finish would be best?  Or have a go at creating a Portable backup file - if that works with no problems..then you could take a chance of doing the upgrade and choose to cancel when it asks you to backup... but thats at your own risk... I would always prefer to take a copy of the file before doing this.  Again - it all depends on how big your file is and how tidy it is... email me linda@abcomputing.com.au if you would like some assistance with this...  I am also thinking perhaps your TLG file is really big and that could be making the backup take a long time too?
  • Pam_10053117
    edited June 2020
    Hi Linda, Thank you for responding....lets say we don't do the upgrade....because we're running out of time...what will the implications be? can we still run a payrun? 
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    no implications - just do the pay in 2018 and then try the upgrade when you are less under the pump... 2018 will be up on Hosted for a few weeks yet.