Backup crashes with error code 7058

Steve_6587481
Steve_6587481 Member Posts: 2
Using Personal Plus 2016 Release R1 on Windows 10, backup crashes with error code 7058. Reckon customer service refuse to help on the grounds they "are not trained to do support"! Have validated the file, tried to backup to desktop etc etc without success.Inability to backup makes the product too dangerous to use. Does anyone have an idea?

Comments

• Andrew Christie
    Andrew Christie Member Posts: 149
    edited June 2019
    Hi Steve
    Have a look at this earlier post re 'super' validating your file.
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/error-code-7058

If that doesn't work, try the workaround in post http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5496

Some (google) searches also indicate that this might be a 'Windows' error code and not Reckon's.

I hope this is of assistance, if not perhaps another forum member might be able to assist further
    regards
    Andy
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited May 2019
    Please check the name of the file, if its to long because it tends to add dates to the name, just rename it to something shorter and try again.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Steve_6587481
    Steve_6587481 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019

Solved! Gerry's suggestion worked. Reduced the length of the file name (I chose 8 characters) and now backup is working again. This is a bug that should not be happening on Windows 10. Thanks to all who made suggestions. 

• Andrew Christie
    Andrew Christie Member Posts: 149
    edited March 2017
    It's always been a problem with Quicken / Reckon re file name since time began and I do not think they will ever change it. I forgot to check with you re this. Glad Gerry remembered this tidbit of information